Mass Effect 2

Started by eor123, September 29, 2010, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Quote from: eor123 on November 28, 2010, 07:12:57 PM
Yes, killing Shiala is a unsettling scene.

Just completed my male paragon run through ME1 and ME2. Managed to keep everyone alive and got down with Miranda in the engine room. Kasumi made a hilarious comment when I stopped in to see her after the mission was completed. She said " People are talking. And I hear it all. You and Miranda...in the engine room? Really?  So just how genetically modified is she?...I mean...Wow. "

I sure hope Kasumi returns in ME3. She has turned out to be one of my favorite characters. 

I thought the max number of levels the first time through in ME1 was 50. Congrats on the 55. I managed to get to 48 in what was probably my last play through as a new character.

I did manage to accumulate enough paragon points this time to keep Wrex alive. Curious to see how that will play out in ME2. I ended up saving Kaiden again. The game sat in limbo for 30 minutes while I made up my mind. It was purely a rational choice this time. I play as a soldier and never took Ashley along with me on the missions anyway. I don't think I'll need her skill set in the future. If I was playing as an Adept or Engineer, the choice would likely be different. Also, human biotics are more rare than than someone good with guns. 

And I now know how to complete the Conrad Verner mission. I didn't know you have to return to see him a couple of additional times.

And I didn't know that you get a bonus of 100,000 creds if your imported ME1 character had more than 1,000,000 creds when ME1 ends.

Logical choice to keep Kaiden when playing as a Soldier or Vanguard. Getting to level 50 opens up the 'X' gear, armor, weapons etc.. Started my 55 to 60 play with Colossus X armor...getting to level 60 opens up more bonus's in ME2 and you pretty much start at lvl 7 after Freedoms Progress.....77:11 total playtime to lvl 60...

I was several hours into my ME2 renegade play when I decided to restart. I had started as a soldier and picked Anderson in the setup although I'd opted out of making a choice at the end of ME. I guess they force you to choose and I didn't really want to play as a soldier this time. Went with sentinel and picked Udina on the restart.

Ran into Conrad in the Eternity Lounge and shot him in the foot  ^+-+ Funny interaction/response from the Asari bartender (Liaras father?) If playing as a paragon you're not supposed to see Conrad on Illium, just receive a message from him. However there's a glitch where he shows up anyway and that's why you hear the 'gun in my face' comment from the renegade play...

eor123

I had my fill of that a$$hole Turian Council member last night night. Even though I'm paragon leaning, I just couldn't refrain from telling the Council to shove their offer of reinstatement after they wouldn't listen to me and threatened me for working with Cerberus.

Doing so led to even more threats from the Council and Udina thinks I might start an interstellar war.

I'm a femShep. Blame on my hormones.  ;D

I have a feeling the Council is going to beg for my help when the Reapers start showing up in Citadel Space and kicking their butts in ME3.

"Nah Nah Nah...Told you so!"  ;)
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

deadman1

Here´s a little teaser for ME3  :)

http://www.fz.se/filmer/20101213/mass-effect-3-teaser-trailer/

I put it here rather than give it it´s own topic because the game wont be released until late next year.

mandru

That is a cool preview of Mass Effect 3 deadman.  :-X

I saw it on a game award show on TV that also had a few other first glance videos at some of the other games that are going to be released in the next year.  ME3 really caught my attention because of the discussion about it here but there were a few others as well that looked pretty interesting as well.  Prototype 2, Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 all look very promising.

I posted about the previews and the award show over on this thread if you are interested (the link is hidden in the spoiler button).
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1983.msg33869#msg33869
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Because Uncharted 2 was so much fun, I'm looking forward to Uncharted 3.  Even though linear, the graphics were excellent, and it seemed like there were no two places that were exactly the same (like we see in most games)

eor123

Uncharted 2 is a truly beautiful game, isn't it? 
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

eor123

Wanted to share a really awesome fan made video tribute to Mass Effect 2. Cut scenes and original soundtrack.

Watching this actually made me want to start playing it again. It's fun being an epic hero.

Mass Effect 2 - Music VIdeo

KingRat

Cool vid, thanks for posting  :-X

According to my file, I'm on my 21st play of ME2. That's not counting a couple ME & ME2 plays before I got xbox live. So far I've taken a default (couldn't make one I liked) male shepard paragon to level 60 in every class then played those through ME2.

My attempt to make a female renegade turned out much better, and I'm very pleased with the import of my 2nd (had to tweak #1 during the ME2 import). Upped my difficulty to veteran on this play as Infiltrator, can't wait to pick up the 'widow'  >:D

eor123

Yep..I love the widow rifle. Nothing more fun than hitting one of the big mechs with a few head shots and watching it detonate with a mini-nuke type explosion.

I played through a couple of times as Infiltrator but didn't enjoy it very much. Seems like you don't gain enough in powers and tech to offset the loss of weapons availability and skills.

On a whim, I tried Vanguard and enjoyed it -- not so much in ME1, but in ME2 you get the "Charge" ability which allows you to slam into your foes with incredible force. While not always enough to kill them, it will knock them off their feet and you can finish them with a shotgun blast to the head at point blank range. Of course you have to use this power judiciously as it can get you into bad trouble just as fast.

Having access to Shockwave makes dealing with the Husks pretty easy. The ones who aren't killed outright are knocked down and stunned allowing you time to pick them off with a shotgun or reload if needed.  That is only time I use cryo ammo in ME2. Works well on husks. 

KingRat

Vanguard in ME was ok; I maxed out fitness, combat armor and the shotty (with HE)...run, gun and spam immunity  >:D Although, like you said, the ME2 biotic charge is a gas. You should try Sentinel if you haven't yet. The Sentinels tech armor is great. I max it out to 'power' armor and use pistol, smg and pick up the sniper when I get the chance. I also like the mix of tech/biotics with overload, warp and throw.

This Infiltrator run has been interesting. I found that using cloak works well against the Praetorian; he''ll turn on your squad and hitting him cloaked gives extra damage(+40% in my setup). I like using neural shock on unprotected organics; stand'em up and headshot  ;D. I mined a ton of eezo so I spend alot changing things around, like before recruiting Tali I'll change my bonus power to energy drain and go heavy on the disruptor ammo.

KingRat

Picked up the Arrival DLC yesterday; not bad for 1.5-2 hrs. Managed to get all 3 cheevos, but had to try 3 different characters to get 'Last Stand'  :D

I'd started playing Arrival with a Sentinal just before the IFF mission. Sentinel only lasted a couple waves in Last Stand, but I was more focused on advancing the story so I didn't try to hard. After I completed the game I switched careers and loaded a Soldier thinking that would offer a better fighting chance....wrong!  ^+-+ Made the mistake of trying 'group dominate' for my bonus power when I should have used fortification or barrier or geth shield...without the extra shield my soldier couldn't survieve even one wave.

Anyway, switched to my Vanguard and dropped to casual from veteran. Vanguard with barrier, heavy charge and inferno ammo on the geth shotty and Mattock AR worked great. I'll bump it back up to veteran on another play to see if that made much difference...

Fiach

Just found a nice review of Arrival, really looking forward to playing it :

http://www.destructoid.com/review-mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-197513.phtml
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on March 31, 2011, 01:11:17 PM
Just found a nice review of Arrival, really looking forward to playing it :

http://www.destructoid.com/review-mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-197513.phtml

Good review, thanks......I laughed when I read this> "For the hardcore fan, that means you'll spend around 2.5 to 4 hours on it across multiple playthroughs." When I checked my career saves I counted 20 so I've started playing some of the older ones. Found several so far that I needed to play all 3 DLC's  :-D

Fiach

You are going to be a busy gamer mate :)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 01, 2011, 04:03:32 AM
You are going to be a busy gamer mate :)

I opened a virtual pandors box  :o Finished up last night; had deleted one career so now 19 are up to date. Checked my pre-internet profile and found 3 more careers from when I first played. I actually connected my xbox to the internet just to get the Cerberus stuff, then wound up getting the rest of the DLC. Anyway, the 3 careers on the offline  (KingRat) profile have all those DLC plus Kasumi & Zaeed to do.

I deleted one so I still have a couple to play with. Good thing I like this game  ;D I only need an 'insanity' run to complete my ME achievements so I might do that first...

Fiach

LOL! Rather you than me :)

I bought the CE and there was a problem with the code, I played the game 6 times before they sorted the code out for me, I was so browned off with the game I have been avoiding it like the plague since.

I guess at least Ill have the armour for the next playthrough and DLC's :)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 04, 2011, 01:36:07 PM
LOL! Rather you than me :)

I bought the CE and there was a problem with the code, I played the game 6 times before they sorted the code out for me, I was so browned off with the game I have been avoiding it like the plague since.

I guess at least Ill have the armour for the next playthrough and DLC's :)

:-D

20 down 1 to go....I must say that by doing it this way I've been able to try many different class/power combos. Sentinel w/heavy reave was fun, I was spamming reave like crazy 'oh the agony' in their screams as you drain the life out  >:D

Fiach

LOL sounds cruel .... hey are you Art???

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 06, 2011, 11:24:58 PM
LOL sounds cruel .... hey are you Art???

Art?  :o no, but I do have some relatives over in his neck of the woods.

ME3 details; might have some spoilers if you're not up to date with ME2> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-08-mass-effect-3-details-no-multiplayer

All sounds good to me....I'm ready  :)

Fiach

Nice find, I liked the video at the end :)

KingRat

Thinking that was James Sanders in the tower?

Fiach

According to Jarrett Lee (Bioware) it isnt. *shrugs* :)

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on April 08, 2011, 05:31:45 PM
According to Jarrett Lee (Bioware) it isnt. *shrugs* :)

yea, I just read that while checking scans. Ash is looking pretty hot with her hair down  :-X

Fiach

Whats weird is Bio can make awesome female NPC's, but you cannot (usinfg the same engine) make a female shepard that doesnt look like a cross between susan boyle and sly stallones mom. :)

Art Blade

I am not cruel! ???

well, maybe. Just a bit.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳