Mass Effect 2

Started by eor123, September 29, 2010, 10:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

That's something I always liked about RPGs, character customisation. I usually spend quite  some time creating a face for my character, given the game allows it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Really enjoying this game...still. Trying to manipulate events to change both short and long term outcomes and trying to master the subtle conversation options.

Starting to play around with different classes in order to have access to new skills.

I really prefer watching a female Shepard but I felt obligated to do a play though as  a heroic, handsome male.

Making a good looking male Shepard was quite a challenge. Creating attractive fem Sheps is easy for me.  ;)

The male templates are all freaky looking and how they end up in game play is somewhat different from how they look in the editor. You have to sit through a lengthy opening cut scene if you decide you don't like the way your Shep looks and want to start over. Wish they had an "older guy" template.

Now I know why so many custom male Sheps I see look like extras from a Terminator movie.

Anyway...  here's my male Shepard. He's had extensive cosmetic surgery, Named him Brad [ my name ]. Wish I looked that good in real world.  ;D

[smg id=2619]
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

He has a look as if he was about to faint (kind of cross-eyed). Otherwise, I think his hair line shifted down a bit, I think I can see the belly button on his forehead.

Just kidding  ;D Brad looks handsome.

Somewhat.

Hehehe  :) I had the same issues as you, in ME1, and I too like creating female characters more.. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

All of the customized Shepards appear a little cross-eyed in the static shots as they are usually looking to their right in stead of straight ahead. My wife noticed the same thing.

I tried to give him a gray beard to look more like me but it always came out yellowish.

I suppose the lack of an older guy template reflects the video gaming demographic.

Shame...I think having an older guy or gal template would open up some interesting possibilities.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

yeah, and cool gimmicks like chamber pots, walkers, wheel-chairs, and dentures to play around with. Oh.. perhaps NURSES too?  ;D

eor123

Not THAT old...yet.  ;D

50 is the new 30, right?

Art Blade

oh.. I'd be in my mid-20s now.. cool idea, agree  ;D But I don't see why you wouldn't like to play around with nurses..  ^-^

eor123

My alter ego, Hecate Shepard kicking some Geth a$$ -- and looking good while doing it, I might add.  ;D

Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord Gameplay

KingRat

Think I mentioned this in another thread, but I had ME1 since it came out and didn't start playing till last march. Since then I've completed both games about 15x  8)

What I've been doing is leveling up each class to 60 then importing that character to ME2. All of my characters so far have been male paragons, but I plan to do a female renagade...

Best DLC for ME is 'Bring down the sky', and for ME2 'Lair of the ShadowBroker' 'Overlord' and 'Kasumi'...

I went on a Halo marathon after Reach came out and played them all back to back to back  :) I'd totally forgotten how tedious the 'flood' was, but I muddled through it  :D

eor123

After playing through ME 2 several times I picked up a used copy of ME 1.

Having a hard time adjusting to the game controls and it is very hard to make a good looking male or fem Shep. I've started over countless times tweaking the appearance of my character -- so many times, I'm not making much forward progress in the game,

Compared to ME2, ME1 just seems "cheesy." The have a cartoonish appearance and sound. 

I'm going to try to complete ME1 at least one time so I can import my character and see how that works.

KingRat

Usually takes me 40-45 hours for both games. Getting to lvl 60 in ME will take 2 plays since the first run is locked to 50.

I'm glad I played ME first although I like both equally.  :)

KingRat

Quote from: eor123 on October 21, 2010, 09:34:19 AM
Not THAT old...yet.  ;D

50 is the new 30, right?

If that makes 65 the new 45 I'm all for it  :-D

PZ

Art Blade

KingRat

Quote from: eor123 on November 04, 2010, 11:02:16 PM
After playing through ME 2 several times I picked up a used copy of ME 1.

Having a hard time adjusting to the game controls and it is very hard to make a good looking male or fem Shep. I've started over countless times tweaking the appearance of my character -- so many times, I'm not making much forward progress in the game,

Compared to ME2, ME1 just seems "cheesy." The have a cartoonish appearance and sound. 

I'm going to try to complete ME1 at least one time so I can import my character and see how that works.

How'd it go?

Since that post I finished my lvl 60 Adept run and played through ME2 again with that class. Now I'm heading to Ilos with my lvl 60 Vanguard. Managed to get the Quarian ally achievment on the way which was the final ally cheevo I needed.

I'll finish this run shortly then make another run through ME2 with this Vanguard....the Vanguard 'charge' in ME2 is quite fun.

Finally, since all my plays have been paragon so far, I'll be making one renegade female soldier for my last 3 plays....then I'll just wait on DLC and ME3...

Call me nuts, but I'm really enjoying these games  :-()

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2010, 02:24:25 PM
nuts!
So said General McAuliffe (an Allied commander) in Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge  :-()

Art Blade

what -- did he know KingRat?  ???

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2010, 11:39:24 PM
^+-+
I think he must have known you because he said it with such emphasis!  :-()

Art Blade

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2010, 11:39:24 PM

He might have, FDR was still president when I was born  :o

Art Blade

;)

It was funny, however, when you demanded to be called "nuts"  ;D

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on November 17, 2010, 10:46:19 AM
;)

It was funny, however, when you demanded to be called "nuts"  ;D

:-D Sometimes I think I am...last night at 11pm I said "just another hour and I'll put up the controller" 5hrs later  ^+-+

Art Blade

Alright. If you put it that way, call me nuts.. with capital letters.. every single one of them  ;D

fragger

Quote from: KingRat on November 17, 2010, 11:55:07 AM
:-D Sometimes I think I am...last night at 11pm I said "just another hour and I'll put up the controller" 5hrs later  ^+-+

I call that perfectly normal behaviour myself :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳