Oh My God - RUN!!

Started by JRD, April 09, 2009, 12:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Sadly, no pics or vids, I was in the heat of the battle.
But you can picture that one out
I was attacking the southern airstrip. Shot the snipers, and most of the mercs around.
I started scanning the area with my Dragunov before going in and I saw a wounded merc and a fellow about to help him.
I waited till he got his friend on his shoulder and - BANG - poped the victim in the bottoms.
The guy carrying his friend droped him and fled, running like Forrest Gump, didn't even look back, to never be seen again...
I heard about coward mercs before, but this is the first time I saw one.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

That's a funny one JRD - I've not experienced that particular one yet, but have seen them cowering in the weeds or behind buildings on occasion.

spaceboy

If only you could have followed him and seen just how far he'd go.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Ricamundo

I haven't seen one merc helping another yet, but lots of em cowering behind stuff after a few shots of  my MGL140 in the area. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

One of these days I'm going to get a merc to help his friend, then follow him to see what they might actually do once they get away.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That would be interesting - probably end up as a "funny moment"

spaceboy

Whenever I hear of someone running away, I can't help but thinking of Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Run Away!!!!!!!!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I like the idea of following the doc carrying a wounded merc. The docs I watched never walked let alone ran away. Kinda hard to do so with a bullet in your head ;) I was amazed though when I first saw a doc pick up someone and start carrying him around. Couldn't have him get away with that, then.

Funny about the calling a doc thing is some of their comments. Two I remeber (perhaps not completely accurate, but close enough)

- "you're lucky it was a s#!t shot" and
- "he looks like a fukin rhino got him" LMAO

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Bravo

Quote from: Art Blade on April 12, 2009, 12:31:46 AM
I like the idea of following the doc carrying a wounded merc. The docs I watched never walked let alone ran away. Kinda hard to do so with a bullet in your head ;) I was amazed though when I first saw a doc pick up someone and start carrying him around. Couldn't have him get away with that, then.

Funny about the calling a doc thing is some of their comments. Two I remeber (perhaps not completely accurate, but close enough)

- "you're lucky it was a s#!t shot" and
- "he looks like a fukin rhino got him" LMAO

I've heard those comments too! Funny stuff when you're sneaking around and suddenly someone is like "you're lucky it was a s#!t shot"

If you want to get mercs to help each other, go far away from your target, and snipe him, preferably in the leg to just wound him. If you far away they [usually] don't come after you....(sometimes they do).

PZ

One of my favorites is: "Hey, you hear about Ned?  Shot himself in the foot.."  [chuckle] "That f$%#@$# guy..."

RedRaven

had my very own RUN moment last night...
put picture in screenshots section but cant get hyperlink to w@&k to it from here.

didnt know it would do that, took 3 mercs out with it as it went tho ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on May 30, 2009, 04:15:52 AMcant get hyperlink to w@&k

After you uploaded your file, you can see "BBC embed code" below the pic, in your case [ smg id=642]. Just copy that smg code and paste it in your post :)

[smg id=642]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheFishlord

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 10, 2009, 09:39:31 AM
One of these days I'm going to get a merc to help his friend, then follow him to see what they might actually do once they get away.

I've never followed them but I've heard them. IIRC they put their friend down and then say stuff along these lines...

"Ok, ammo's good, no bruises, you're good, you're gonna live bro, now let's go get that psycho merc"

It's interesting to see what they do with wounded teamates. Once, I've seen a guy mercy kill his friend with his pistol. I don't know how to replicate it but I wish I could.

Art Blade

Now that is outstanding! I want to see that too  ;D

PZ

Just goes to show you that the details never end in FC2 - those that have played as quickly as they could and quit after only a single play through have missed 90% of what the game has to offer.

Good find, TheFishLord  :-X

Art Blade

at this point we had a discussion, started by retiredgord, about taking videos and recording demos. I split and moved it as video/demo discussion to the questions board.

on topic, Oh My God - RUN!

I had that moment when I was playing around with my flamethrower and thought OMFG-RUN!! when that croco showed up, quite unexpectedly, in a burst of flames  :o :)

[smg id=806 width=400]

RedRaven

looks like a Dragon ! ! ! :-\

where is the croc? never seen it.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

yeah, doesn't it!

It's in the "mansion" at Goka Falls. Visit that place when you're NOT on your mission to kill the leader, and that place looks a posh restaurant, with 2 crocs and everything, by way of wall decorations. It even has got beds in the back room :)

retiredgord

Damn..I'm so envious of some of these screen captures.  Gotta get me some computer upgrades.  I'll hafta forget the FC2 tatoos and bedsheets this birthday.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

sweet... thats one of the few places have only been to as part of a mission. Cheers. :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 14, 2009, 05:59:44 AMsweet... thats one of the few places have only been to as part of a mission. Cheers. :-X

I only happend to be there because I wanted to burn down that bridge  ;D (investigating PZ's find)

Quote from: retiredgord on June 14, 2009, 05:53:51 AM
Damn..I'm so envious of some of these screen captures.  Gotta get me some computer upgrades.  I'll hafta forget the FC2 tatoos and bedsheets this birthday.

I think your PC you mentioned earlier only needs a better vid card, the rest should be alright for FC2.

Tattoos... a tough guy like you could do that himself, get out some used engine oil and a knitting needle... perhaps a bottle of whisky to ease the pain ;D

And bedsheets... well, ain't that a family thing, could tell the son-in-law to make two imprints and keep one for himself  ;)

RedRaven

yeah, was bit suprised when bridge went on me,
nice to hear the mercs as they fell tho ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PZ

Quote from: .Art Blade. on June 14, 2009, 04:32:19 AM
at this point we had a discussion, started by retiredgord, about taking videos and recording demos. I split and moved it as video/demo discussion to the questions board.

on topic, Oh My God - RUN!

I had that moment when I was playing around with my flamethrower and thought OMFG-RUN!! when that croco showed up, quite unexpectedly, in a burst of flames  :o :)

[smg id=806 width=400]
I just saw this in the media block on the front page, and had to take another look - I could hardly believe that this was taken in Far Cry 2!

fragger

I don't think I ever saw that picture before ???? Godzilla Does Africa :-()

PZ

Although I remember seeing it long ago, there is no reason we can't resurrect these gems for others to enjoy - there is so much content on OWG these days that it is difficult to wade through it all.  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳