The Vault... what about it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Started by JRD, September 19, 2010, 02:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

So I opened The Vault... and out came that huge beast, The Defender, killing (hot) Commander Steel!  ????

Not really tough to kill that creature. I hid behind one of those pillars and tried a few guns and shots to find a weak spot - the eye, obviously (I haven't checked the web for a walkthrough as I don't like spoilers  ;) )... a few rockets, a few rounds of my SMGs and ARs till I find out my trusty Nailer Sniper (damage=345, 7 shots per mag, high fire rate) would do the trick with a bit of patience.  8)

And killed the beast was... not as tough as Sledge or the Baron Flynt I might say, those got my heartbeat fast pumping  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

So after the credits and a great song, there I was in the snow, alone, nothing left but the vault piece and snow... nothing else...   :-(

"- What now" I thought... "where's the final loot?"

I was expecting for a bunch of silver and red chests and lots of money (Patricia Tannis paid me some 234,000.00 is cash for that and to be honest, the money is just to see my bank account grow bigger, not that I reall want that)... guns, mate, where are the bloody outstanding guns?!?!?!?!

So you finish that beast after all the trouble you had getting there and end up alone in the snow with nothing alse that an ordinary loot?

I mean... why do they want to open that bloody vault after all? What's in it besides the Defender? What's the reason behind it?

I know the whole game was about the journey, not the end itself, but I was hoping for at least a whole bunch of chests where I could try my luck for a random goodie in the end... even if it just got me fearsome snipers and nasty repeaters  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

... and a freaking reason for all that hassle!!!!!!!!!!

Well... I guess it's back to Pandora and off to Zombie Island or the Underdome for some more action then!!!  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Maybe the reward was "peace and silence" after all you went through  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

If I wanted peace and silence I'd have gone to Crawley, UK, instead of Pandora!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Once I'm there I want the loot... and a freaking reason as to why I bothered going all the way to the vault after all!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

OK, OK, how about you melt away all that snow? I bet there's something hidden deep down.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Hmmmmmmm... I'd need a flamethrower... we don't have any in Pandora!  ???? :-\\ >:(( :D

Art Blade

A big bowl of beans with onions, eat all of 'em, wait some, and then.. all you need is shoot behind you.  >:D

JRD

I found something at the BL Wiki

The Destroyer is a massive, godlike being from another dimension, and the final boss in Borderlands. It is a mass of flesh with a huge, glowing eye, a massive mouth, and several tentacles. The Eridians imprisoned the Destroyer within the Vault thousands of years previously at the cost of their entire civilization, in order to prevent the monstrosity from consuming the universe.

So it appears that the Guardian Angel (the cute brunette with great blue eyes that pops in when things are about to go bad) knew about the Destroyer (not Defender as I posted originally) all the time and tricks you into getting there and killing the fiend, that blue-eyed bitch!  >:((

The whole treasure story is probably there to lure mercenaries into finding evidence of the existence of the vault (maybe Tanis has something to do with that?  ???? )

So it seems that thre is a time window that opens every 200 years allowing the vault to be open. Commander Steel and the Atlas Corporation was looking for a chance to open it, hence their demand for you to deliver the vault key pieces ever since you get the first one from Sledge.

The thing is: WHY open that God forsaken vault and free a beast that threatens to consume the whole universe?   :D :D :D :D

Even the most evil villain wants to conquer the universe, not had it over to a bestial breakfast!!

I still haven`t found anything suggesting that the Atlas Co could control de Destroyer and I`m still convinced that if the Guardian Angel had been honest since the beginning we could be fighting along the Eridians against the Lance instead of fighting against both plus bandits and skags  >:(( .... well, maybe game-wise it wouldn`t make sense, but story wise....  ????

====================================EDIT====================================

Here`s more from the blue-eyed bitch

"Do you feel that I betrayed you? Do not. I am possessed of a sight that allows me to look forward and backward along the timeline, and the release of this creature was inevitable. There was only one chance for this dimension's continued existence. A hero. Someone who was at the right place, at the right time, and strong enough to push back. I have given you the unique opportunity to defend the existence of all that you know. Go! Fight! Be that hero! I will help you however I can."

Well... just don`t fit the vault key part together then, destroy them instead!

Let me say that I don`t regret she sent me there... it was a great adventure that sucked me in for over 45 hours, I`m just trying to follow the story now that I finished my first playthrough.  ;D 8)

Art Blade

The women in games seem to be bitches more often than not  ???? :-D

mmosu

You're big treasure chest payoff is at the end of the Secret Armory DLC JRD - IF you can stop the Crimson Lance troop surge, IF you can repell their entire invasion force, then their amassed armory stockpile will be yours  >:D >:D >:D

JRD

Quote from: mmosu on September 21, 2010, 07:55:12 AM
You're big treasure chest payoff is at the end of the Secret Armory DLC JRD - IF you can stop the Crimson Lance troop surge, IF you can repell their entire invasion force, then their amassed armory stockpile will be yours  >:D >:D >:D

You just gave me a reason to kill for!!!  >:D >:D >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳