Hidden basement - New Heaven

Started by JRD, September 17, 2010, 03:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I was checking for info on the mission The Third Piece of the Vault when I bumped into that hidden basement.

Turns out it is only available when that mission is active, so I managed to get into that place and collect a special weapon - Rider!!  >:D >:D >:D

Actually is a rifle and in my case it is a crappy one  :-(

The guy on the video below got way more lucky than me with his Rider... mine has damage = 79!  :D

Anyway, the place is funny... it has a christmas tree surrounded with loot boxes and a red and a silver chest, and a few foes, of course!

Edit: Forgot to mention: manufacturer is Gearbox  ;)

Borderland - How to get the Special Weapon Rider
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

deadman1

Darn it! I´ve forgotten about that one every single time I played through BL  :D. Think I need to get going on it again.

JRD

Since you are going back to Pandora you might as well take a look at the Secret Dev's Chest!

Not that I think it's new for you, probably not, but as I found it over the net but not here, there's no harm in posting it, right?  ;) 8) >:D

Borderlands How To: Get to the Secret "Devs Chest"

Art Blade

thanks for those tips, JRD  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

nice JRD  :-X
It's fun to finally get into that basement, even if Rider is usually a disappointment  >:((
I've never even seen a constructed version of it that had decent stats either, I think it's included strictly as a joke and not meant to be used.  The whole gag is a reference to the American holiday classic move A Christmas Story (check the "name puns" thread here for full explanation if anyone hasn't already).  Funny that someone put so much into it, but pretty useless - it is NOT the secret weapon for killing the Rakk Hive as it was once thought.  Still a pretty elaborate easter egg though  :-X

As an aside to the "secret room" theme, I found this video a couple weeks ago of a guy running around in T-bone junction with the clipping turned off.  You can clearly see that many of the locked doors in that city contain rooms and hallways behind them, possibly hinting that Gearbox had something much more ambitious planned before deadlines took over:

Borderlands The locked doors of T-Bone Junction

JRD

They had something in mind for all those corridors for sure!

Maybe an idea for a DLC that never made it to release or might come one day!  8)

mmosu

That's something I've always wondered - what's stopping them from adding new parched fathoms missions, or even new zombie island missions or even underdome arenas as part of a future DLC that also included it's own plot and new areas?  Of course, people without all of the DLC's wouldn't be able to access those parts, maybe that's the reason they don't do it, who knows  :-\\

Tags:
🡱 🡳