Sigma tel MSCN USB device + Win 7 64 bit (help needed)

Started by deadman1, September 08, 2010, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I have an ola Mp3 plaayer I have been using as a usbmemory for backups, everything has worked like a charm on my old XP installation but now that I need to move a couple of files to my new external HD I get an error message saying that it doesn´t have an operatingsystem and I need to reformat it. The disc with the drivers has unfortunately gone missing during my move to my new place. I have been searching the net far and wide in order to find some drivers for it but I haven´t been able to find any. Am I completely screwed or is there some way for me to move the files to another HD. The really annoying thing is that if I turn it on, I can see all the folders where the files are stored  :D

Art Blade

So you have a PC with XP and want to transfer some of its data to an USB stick and then stick it to a different PC with w7 so you can transfer the files? And then w7 can't read it? Can XP still read it?

In that case I'd reformat it using the w7 PC and try again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on September 08, 2010, 08:35:11 AM
So you have a PC with XP and want to transfer some of its data to an USB stick and then stick it to a different PC with w7 so you can transfer the files? And then w7 can't read it? Can XP still read it?

In that case I'd reformat it using the w7 PC and try again.

Not quite like that. The files I´m after were stored on the usb before I upgraded my machine from XP to Win7.

PZ

That's a problem I had with an old mp3 player as well.  Unfortunately some of the older models of mp3 players are not recognized automatically by the OS and need to have the original software/drivers installed.

One thing you might try is to install a music player like Winamp to see if it might have the generic drivers for old mp3 players embedded within.  Then if the player is recognized by the system, you should be able to access it via Explorer.

Tags:
🡱 🡳