New patch available - level cap increased to 69!

Started by JRD, September 06, 2010, 06:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

From IGN

====================================================================

(...)
A new patch for Borderlands will be released that increases players' level cap by eight. The patch will be available to everyone for free, even if you did not purchase the The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, which increased the level cap from 50 to 61. The new cap limit is now level 69.

Gearbox doesn't have a set release date for the patch, but Gerarbox`s President, Randy Pitchford, said they're aiming near the release date of the Claptrap DLC.

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

mmosu

Whoa! That was a little excessive . . . did I do that outloud?!  ???  Holy crap . . . that's embarassing  :-[  ( ;D)

JRD

For those who haven`t bought the previous DLC, this is going to be a kick off to go back to Pandora... from 50 to 69, AND FOR FREE!!!

For those with DLC installed, well... you don`t need much to keep going back to Pandora anyway, but now you`ll have 8 more skill points to manage!  >:D

They also mentioned a Game of the Year edition due in October 12th, which means - I assume - another good deal at STEAM by the end of the year for anyone interested in getting it but not willing to cash around US$60 (ouch  ??? )

deadman1

Quote from: mmosu on September 06, 2010, 07:44:51 AMYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

I agree  :-D

deadman1

Quote from: JRD on September 06, 2010, 08:15:00 AM
For those who haven`t bought the previous DLC, this is going to be a kick off to go back to Pandora... from 50 to 69, AND FOR FREE!!!

For those with DLC installed, well... you don`t need much to keep going back to Pandora anyway, but now you`ll have 8 more skill points to manage!  >:D

They also mentioned a Game of the Year edition due in October 12th, which means - I assume - another good deal at STEAM by the end of the year for anyone interested in getting it but not willing to cash around US$60 (ouch  ??? )

I heard that the GOTY edition will include ALL the DLC:s even the latest one  >:D

Art Blade

just in case you're wondering why I edited the "yeah!  >:D" posts (including the quote) - too many characters in a row exceed the forum borders and make the thing go beyond my widescreen's borders. For the sake of readability (no more scrolling) I just added little gaps that allow a word wrap. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: deadman on September 06, 2010, 09:10:48 AM
Quote from: JRD on September 06, 2010, 08:15:00 AM

I heard that the GOTY edition will include ALL the DLC:s even the latest one  >:D

That's what I read at IGN (link in first post), but the price is salty - US$ 59,90  ??? , but again, GOTY editions are likely to sell in firesales like the one STEAM does every end of the year... maybe you can buy a single DLC too if you want!  ;)

mmosu

I've found a few short reports on this and there seems to be confusion regarding several things:
First, the new level cap - from what I can tell the new patch just resets the new limit at whatever the current limit is +8.  So without the Secret Armory, the new limit becomes 58, with the Secret Armory it becomes 69.  This is how they got around the problem inherent in reseting the level cap as part of the next DLC - either you let people that don't have the 3rd DLC skip from level 50 straight up to level 69(which makes the 3rd DLC unnecessary in a way) or you punish people for not buying the 3rd DLC and force them to buy it now in order to reach the new level cap.  Doing it the way they are circumvents these issues and keeps everyone happy - pretty smart I think!
Second, the issue of release date seems to be a bit of a mystery yet - some sources say late September for the DLC and October for the new software patch, others say the exact opposite, still others say both in the same week in late Sept/early Oct.   ????
Any thoughts?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

It just amazes me how many different interpretations the media has apparently had over what was actually said at this press conference.  This shouldn't be a difficult thing and it took me less than ten minutes to find multiple conflicting reports (and I'm not talking about what Joe Schmoe on some forum had to say about it either).  I typically don't believe anything until I see it either on here or IGN.

JRD

Well, as I remember, IGN says it`s gonna be up to 69 for all. As for the release date, it also says they are aimig at release the patch around the date of the 4th DLC release but no specific date.

As Art said... wait and see!

RedRaven

Will be really good if they keep releasing more expansions and up the level limit to 100.

Just imagine the skill combinations available!!!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

mmosu

By my count, assuming you get the four total extra skill point from completing both playthroughs of the Underdome and the new Claptrap DLC, then the skill tree would become completely full at level 105.  Reaching that would definately force their hand with bringing out the sequel I believe  :-D

deadman1

Quote from: JRD on September 06, 2010, 06:26:31 AM
From IGN

(...)
A new patch for Borderlands will be released that increases players' level cap by eight. The patch will be available to everyone for free, even if you did not purchase the The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, which increased the level cap from 50 to 61. The new cap limit is now level 69.

Gearbox doesn't have a set release date for the patch, but Gerarbox`s President, Randy Pitchford, said they're aiming near the release date of the Claptrap DLC.

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Apparently there´s a patch that is called "Title update 1.41" that will be released in the next few weeks. It raises the levelcap to 58 for all of us that don´t have the Knoxx DLC, here´s the info on the patch I have found on my fav gamingsite FZ.se:

We know many fans of Borderlands are excited about the next free Title Update for Borderlands that was announced recently and have been patiently waiting for news. So, this post is your Borderlands v1.41 Free Title Update update:

Here is what will be included in the Title Update:

* Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
* Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
* End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you've completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
* Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
* Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.

"When will the Borderlands 1.41 Title Update be released," you ask?

The Title Update is finished and in the process of being reviewed for launch. We are almost green lit across the board for this free update to be launched, but we still need just one more light to turn green. In other words – we're *almost* there! We expect that last light to turn green within a couple of weeks, possibly sooner. Once this happens, the Title Update will be made immediately available for all platforms.

We appreciate all our fans and we're excited to be able to bring this new value to our customers. The wait for the Borderlands v1.41 Free Title Update is almost over!

JRD

That`s great news deadman... thanks a lot for bringing it  :-X :-X :-X

I`m yet to reach lvl 50 but am looking forward to see better loot coming up. Since all enemies are around 35 on Knoxx, I postponed my assault to the armory so I can have better loot when I do so.

Meanwhile I`m enjoying a great first playthrough with Brick and having a great time plunging into enemy-infested areas to punch them into gooey pieces muahuahuahuahuahuahuahua  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Art Blade

mmosu

Art Blade

If anyone reads through this forum from start to end, they may realise that one of the single most words we use when talking about new games or patches is "delayed."  ;D  :D :D :D

mmosu

The worst thing is now that they've taken so long to release it, I've finished playthrough 1 on the new DLC and quite honestly am a little bit burned out on Borderlands right now (gasp!  :o)  So even when it finally comes out I probably won't be going back to Pandora for awhile.  Space told me that Helghan is lovely this time of year and I had to check it out for myself.  ;D

mmosu

Looks like patch 1.4.1 is released on PC and PS3 as of today, Xbox is still pending.

. . . undelayed . . .  :-() :-() :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳