AP: Tips regarding main characters

Started by Art Blade, September 05, 2010, 12:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'll add more info to this post (edits) so keep checking :)
updated: 29 September 2010

Alan Parker (Graybox and Saudi Arabia)
This is how to get a couple of karma points > liked.
Spoiler
He's absolute professional-bound. You may even use the option "leave" to get a +1 rep, but it is not necessary (the other option will score identically).

Albatross (and Sis) (in Taipei and Moscow)
This is how to make him an ally/possible handler/supplier -- and how to get 10 karma points > friend. Since Sis is connected to him, I added infos about her, too.
Spoiler
He's the guy who only accepts professional talk, no aggression or suave chats. If you spare Sis's life, he'll be grateful. In case you let her live and mention her memento to Albatross, you'll lose one karma point but gain karma with Sis. I couldn't get more than 3 karma points with her and as a result lost I think total 2 or 3 karma with Albatross (you may regain some karma with him later on in that case). If you gained karma with sis and if you choose Albatross as your handler for the endgame, Sis will free you and help you during two parts of the endgame.

Conrad Marburg (in Rome)
This is how to kill him.
Spoiler
Do your best to anger him: He doesn't like "suave" so keep using it all the time. You need him to be at -7 with you (Animosity) or you can't provoke him to fight you to the death in the museum. In the museum, don't attack him at once (that's an option opening the conversation) but continue the suave way. In my case I got him to -7 but something I did previously made him admire me, gaining one point, so back at -6. That's why at least in this case you might go on like this: At one point you need to anger him with aggression though, that's after the first shooting, that aggression starts a new conversation when you need to be suave again. That will rise your negative reputation and he will be so angry he actually wants to finish you off - that's when you get the chance to kill him. You'll know you did it right when he doesn't escape the museum.

Grigori (in Moscow)
This is how to make him an ally/supplier
Spoiler
Always use the suave stance. He'll support you and will be useful for some missions.

Madison Saint James (in Rome)
You don't need to read the spoiler if you're just looking for general info about her. The spoiler is about how to get to intel through her which you cannot access otherwise. She may be your handler once.
Spoiler
You need to start a romance with her, which means gather good karma points. To do so, be professional during first contact on TV, and then keep using "suave" (down left option) during any further conversations. Before your mission in the Roman ruins you'll send her to bed (don't ask the optional question, that won't gain you anything) and after the mission you'll return home to your bed where she's sleeping. Do something, not nothing.. ;) Keep up the suave conversation.. The next morning is what you were waiting for. Not that, intel! She'll tell you something that will surprise you quite a bit, I bet :) (about who her father is).

Mina Tang (anywhere) (improved 29 Sept 2010)
This is how to get 10 karma points > friend.
Spoiler
At first (gray box) you can try the first two responses either suave (perk: reduced cooldown for all abilities) or professional (+5 endurance) or aggressive (+5 CQC damage) after you woke up. During weapons orientation use professional (or veteran stance if available) before the bonus mission. After the weapons orientation, if you were well above average in score, she'll give you a bonus mission: refer to the "cage match" (suave stance) to get +1 rep. When talking to Westridge about your weapon score, mention to him modestly (professional) that she's a good teacher (gains you +1 with her). In Saudi Arabia, the first email from her you can reply to: professional again, +1 rep. During the first briefing you can use suave to make her feel comfortable and trust her as your handler, all +1. During her assignment in Saudi Arabia find the weapons cache and set a timer (bomb) there +1 and kill Shaheed's elite guards, +1. Generally a combo of professional and occasional suave stances w@&k best (you'll know when the time is right to try "suave" I guess) and once you've gained a trusted reputation, then you may also use the suave stance almost always if you like. Although careful, think before you use it, hehe: She's jealous (if you show interest in Madison when first presented on the TV you'll get -1 rep and in case you want Madison or SIE to be your handler for the Marburg villa you'll get another -1 rep). If you're a cold-blooded killer you'll occasionally lose rep points after some "mishaps" of yours, like when killing American CIA agents or Korean police officers etc.

Scarlet Lake (anywhere) (improved 29 Sept 2010)
This is how to make her an ally/possible part time handler -- and how to get 10 karma points > friend.
Spoiler
During your flight to the first hub (city) after the Middle East mission you'll meet her for the first time. The dialogue on the plane now is optimal if you proceed like this:

1. suave +1
2. professional +1
3. professional ("Halbech") +1
-- then comes my favourite quote "those your legs?"  ;D --
4. suave (I love his "will doooo.")

Basically she's the type who prefers professionalism but if you gained some positive reputation with Scarlet sometimes a suave response will be required to go on. However, every Halbech email sent to her adds +1 reputation (but only 1,000$ cash). During the Hotel mission (retrieve NSA data) you'll get more rep points: +1 when you give an inspiring speech to start with and +1 if you use her professional skill to gather intel.

Sean Darcy (Graybox and Saudi Arabia)
This is how to get a couple of karma points > liked.
Spoiler
Always use the suave (left) stance.

Or: How to really annoy him > animosity (new 29 Sept 2010)
Spoiler
Always use the aggressive stance and if available, the veteran stance. Kind of fun, you won't lose anything (but miss the chance of making one more friend) -- he'll be your handler only once.

SIE (in Moscow)
This is how to make her an ally/possible handler/supplier
Spoiler
SIE is a German mercenary, a tough girl. She likes the aggressive style. Never use friendly or professional options, always go for dismissive and aggressive, she'll love you for it ;) She may be your handler at least three times.

Steven Heck (in Taipei) (improved 29 Sept 2010)
This is how to make him an ally/possible handler/supplier -- and how to get 10 karma points > friend.
Spoiler
First of all, meet him first thing when you're in Taipei before you do anything else there (that will give you a bonus with him). He's a guy who responds well to suave talk, aggression or professional. When you first meet him, suggest to help him (supportive) and after that "admire" Steven's crude methods. From then on stick to the option down left (suave). Same goes for emails, stick to the suave option down left. All this will make him happy, he'll give you a lot of discount for his merchandise and eventually he'll become your friend.

Yancy Westridge (Graybox and Saudi Arabia)
This is how to get a couple of karma points > trusted.
Spoiler
Find out whether aggressive (up) or professional (right) w@&k best. Mostly aggressive and sometimes professional w@&k best. For example, after the Gray Box, the first video conference in Saudi Arabia, mention the weapons locker (up) to get an extra +1 rep.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I love how you did these instructional posts  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I love this game :)

Added some more intel.

Art Blade

added Mina Tang and Scarlet Lake.. about time  ;)

Art Blade

Since I've started yet another playthrough (yes, this game is great) I was able to pin down two things that I added to Mina Tang and I got the precise dialogue on the plane for Scarlet (there are different options how to do it but that's the one I like best).

Art Blade

Added some more. Man, I didn't realise how many characters there are that respond differently to dialogue options  ;D

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳