Grenades galore

Started by JRD, September 04, 2010, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Just came back from Earl's scrapyard after a long lasting gunfight against hordes of bandits and enormous skags (geez, those beasts gets bigger and bigger). After the usual loot with cash and several guns I found one grenade mod I haven't found yet: Rain grenades!  8)

Rain grenades will dissapear in front of your very eyes when thrown and will pop up above an unsuspecting foe!  8)

I also have Longbow grenades that will teleport themselves to the target and explode, MIRV grenades, that will explode and send another bunch of smaller grenades around, increasing the effective range, Proximity grenades that will stay there where you threw them to blow up when an enemy is close, Bouncing grenades that will kick on all surfaces untill it reaches an enemy and then explode, Sticky grenades that will attach to an enemy and boom, Transfusion genades (thats a cool one) that drain energy from enemies and trasmit it to you, so when you are low on energy you can use those to recover a bit.

Of course, all of those can be found as explosive, shock (against shields) and other variations, creating numerous ways of using grenades in the game!

They came up with a very hmmm... amusing variety of grenades in this game!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

long ago I played a modded game which had a lot of funny new weapons. Some grenades used to chase your enemy, and they hollered like Tarzan all the time  ^+-+ Some poisonous arrows made enemies sound like they were moments away from throwing up.. they kept belching which made it hard for me to stay focussed, I was laughing all the time  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on September 04, 2010, 04:44:06 PM
...Some poisonous arrows made enemies sound like they were moments away from throwing up.. they kept belching which made it hard for me to stay focussed, I was laughing all the time  ^+-+
That reminds me of the "sick-sticks" the cops carry in the movie Minority Report - they were like wierd cattle prods that made the victim instantly vomit - pretty funny actually  :-X

@ JRD:  I used to really love longbow grenades because you could place them very accurately anywhere there was an enemy near a backstop, and you could also get them a lot farther away before they would explode because they travel so fast (you didn't burn all your fuse time on a long throwing trajectory).  Now though I usually carry MIRVs.  I like these because of the increased radius and better chance for splash damage just like you said, and I like that I don't have to have a very accurate throw with them, so they are good in a scramble.  They're also quite versatile against enemies in cover: either toss 'em over the wall and let the mini-grenades do the w@&k, or lob several up high so that they go off in the air over the target - then they're pretty much like Rain grenades. 

PS - happy 500 posts to me  ;D :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on September 04, 2010, 07:40:36 PMPS - happy 500 posts to me  ;D :-X

Makes you "Predecessor" -- congrats  :) Funny how a status change from senior to moderator increases the post count significantly ;D Now you'll need roughly 19 times as many as you have to catch up with me  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I use mostly MIRV too, Longbow are for when I want to hit that particular enemy, so they are my second choice!  8)

I used transfusion grenades a couple times only and they were very helpful putting my energy a bit higher so I guess that's why I don't want to sell them. Also, I never found another one, so they must be quite rare!

Proximity grenades were very useful when I went to speak with Patricia Tannis. I spreaded some of them so the spiderants would have something to chew on while I was dealing with the rakks!

Congrats for the 500th post... halfway to Jackal now!  >:D :-X

mmosu

I hadn't really thought of using proxys to set up a mini minefield - good thinking JRD  :-X  My taste in grenades are pretty narrow - come to think of it I don't think I've even used proxys before!  When you get later in the game transfusions will be more common, but they always seem to have a baseline damage slightly below other grenades of the same level.  Interestingly, there are two guns from the 3rd DLC that also have a transfusion effect.  The first is a pearlescent weapon, the Atlas Aries (link here).  It fires shock rounds that also have a transfusion effect, with tendrils of health streaming back to you through the air from the target.  The flavor text, "Your life is mine!" is a reference to this.  The second example is the weapon carried by Crimson Lance officer Kyros and it's called Kyros' Power (link here).  It's an explosive sniper rifle with a cool white and blue color scheme and it sends the same "health tendrils" back to you whenever you hit someone with it.  I'll actually be posting an example of one of these in The Locker soon, but I didn't want to use the GearCalc pics because they unfortunately don't show the cool color schemes on unique weapons as they are generated by the game itself :'(

JRD

After completing the main game, grenades mods became really powerfull with some getting to 92 damage effect  >:D

I now am really fond of using Explosive Contact grenades a lot as they explode as soon as touching an enemy (you don`t miss a grenade by having it bouncing away from enemies and blowing up with little effect). When you see a patch of zombies slowly crawling towards you, don`t hesitate to toss an Explosive Contact on them,  >:D >:D >:D Zombie`s rotten flesh is incredibly sensible to explosive rounds or grenades and blow up sending zombie chunks all over the place huahuahuahuahua... you can clear your path with a few grenades in no time!!!  8)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳