AP: Funny Moments

Started by Art Blade, September 04, 2010, 01:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm usually the stealth and silent type so I open doors rather than kick them down. When you're not crouched, you may however break open a door. During one mission I did that, and on the floor on the other side of the door a guard was lying on the ground with his hands in his face. I had knocked him down with a door!  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

When new to the game, I threw a shocktrap at an nearby enemy. I took myself out with it instead  :D  I hadn't yet acquired the skill that makes the player immune to his own gadgets. ;D

While in hand-to-hand combat, my opponent landed a lethal blow the same moment I punched his lights out. Both of us dropped dead, like a mirror image with our feet touching and heads opposite of each other. This disgraceful act was presented in slow motion.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 04, 2010, 01:28:13 PM
I'm usually the stealth and silent type so I open doors rather than kick them down. When you're not crouched, you may however break open a door. During one mission I did that, and on the floor on the other side of the door a guard was lying on the ground with his hands in his face. I had knocked him down with a door!  ^+-+
^+-+

Art Blade

Once you've played a mission (maybe "just" played and had to resort to reloading the last checkpoint) you'll know where enemies use to pop up after you did something which triggers that.

It is a nice thing you can place shocktraps, explosives, flashbangs, pyro grenades and whatnot on the floor or on walls so they'll be triggered once someone walks past them. I did that a couple of times and it always makes me grin and anticipate the sudden demise of those who want to surprise me. >:D

In general it's fun to lay out traps of sorts  ;D

Art Blade

Ha! Those guys commit the same silly mistakes mercs in FC2 do (only a lot less often).

Endgame. I had to run through a passage I already had to run through during the beginning of my career with AP. There is a truck down there behind which I took cover from the last U.S. Military guy (I killed all his mates around him) who decided to run to the same truck and used it as cover from me, he took the opposite end of it. While I tried to peek around the corner to get a proper aim at him, he wasn't as patient and fired away accidently hitting the truck and by that blew it up -- which took him out. The blow ate away most of my plenty endurance points but hey.. they restore themselves quickly. I was a bit puzzled at that display of military training but shrugged and walked away, smiling at the fact that I didn't have to spend a single round on him  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on September 12, 2010, 03:48:30 PMHa! Those guys commit the same silly mistakes mercs in FC2 do (only a lot less often).

Part II

Some "merc" with a rocket launcher stood behind a column and shot that instead of the helo which was supposed to extract me from my mission location. The funny thing was that I was already aiming at that guy when he blew himself up -- I believe that at that moment I must have had an expression on my face which would have made him laugh, if he had been still with us, that is  ;D

During a mission I had some allies with me. I was just throwing a shocktrap (sort of a hand grenade with adhesive surface, all explosives have that ability to stick on virtually everything) when one of my mates walked right across my field of view, so that grenade landed on his back -- and stayed there for a few moments. I was already cursing and praying at the same time, like "ah FRACK! Don't blow up now, mate!" when that thing went off. It didn't harm him, the game always has friendly fire switched off as it turned out. So after that slightly shocking moment I was grinning at what I accidently had proven: Those explosives indeed  stick to people, too!  ^+-+

I need to try that again with an enemy  >:D

Just by the way, you can place explosives somewhere and they will go off when you shoot them!  :-X

PZ

Art Blade

of course  ;D so many gadgets to play with.. most of them explode  >:D And you can throw or place them.. so they w@&k either like a grenade or like a mine  ;D

Art Blade

I didn't believe it when I saw it, and I repeated it to see if it works.. yes.. you can throw gadgets behind you! Looks so cool: you casually walk past someone and throw an explosive over your shoulder..  ^+-+

[smg id=2583 type=link align=center width=400 caption="AP backwards throw"]

Art Blade

After having a mob boss killed by someone else who was fond of knives, the news on the TV announced the death of said mob boss:

"The body looked like something I've never seen before, as if a bear and a tiger had fought over the remains."  ^+-+

Tags:
🡱 🡳