Elemental artifacts!

Started by JRD, August 30, 2010, 06:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

So far I got two elemental artifacts during my vault hunting across Pandora. I remember equiping both, but now I just can't see them anymore on my ECHO device.  ????

Is there a place I can check which ones I have? I don't think I would unequip one as they only enhance my elemental chances to damage enemies and apparently take no slots on my carrying capacity, but still, I'm curious to find them just to check what kind of artifact I have and which ones I'll find out from now on.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

The equiped one shows up on the skill tree page at the very top just to the left of your action skill.  You can only have one equiped at a time (which you obviously already figured out) and they add that specific elemental effect to your characters action skill.  So since you're using Lillith, when she touches someone while phasewalking the specified elemental effect will be triggered.  If you were using Roland, the scorpio turret would shoot rounds with that effect,  with Brick his punches would spawn that effect, and with Mordecai his bloodwing would have a kind of effect "halo" around it that would damage every enemy that it attacked.  By selecting the little diamond shape that the elemental artifact is displayed in, you can pop up a list of the artifacts you've collected and change them out.  Let me know if you're having any trouble with it.

JRD

Found it, thanks a lot mmosu!  :-X

I didn't realise it was more than just an icon up there  :-[

However, I found another artifact... an elemental one (explosive artifact) dropped by Skagzilla, I guess. It is in my regular inventory along with shields, guns and grenades and as I click on it it says "you can't use this artifact" or something along these lines... the requirement is class Siren... that's me!... WTF??  ????

mmosu

Ok, the way these things w@&k is a little less than intuitive unfortunately.  I would imagine that at this early stage in the game, when you look at your list of equipable artifacts (in that little menu) they probably say "incindiary lvl 1", "explosive lvl 1", etc.  I used to think that when you picked up a new one and equiped it that it stacked with the previously equiped one to make it "explosive lvl 2", "shock lvl 2", or whatever until you found enough of them to get you up to lvl 6 (the current max for elemental artifacts).  Turns out this isn't how it works at all.  Each elemental artifact has a level assigned to it, 1-6.  So when you equiped that "explosive lvl 1" artifact you can now never equip another artifact with that effect of that level or lower.  So if you find and try to equip another "explosive lvl 1", you get that "you can't use that" message even if the class requirement matches your character.  Now, when you find an "explosive lvl 2" you will be able to equip that and it will overwrite your current one, but then when you find an "explosive lvl 1" or explosive lvl 2" again, you'll get the same message if you try to equip it.  This will get frustrating when you have lvl 5 artifacts in your inventory and you can't seem to find that elusive lvl 6 artifact to max it out, but rather keep finding inferior artifacts that can only be thrown away or sold or used online to barter with other players.   

JRD

Gee, thanks again mmosu... you sure deserve a raise for being such an applied moderator for the BL board! Make sure you speak with PZ or Art and say I recommend you for a level 5 pay raise from now on!  ;D ;D ;D

I`ll check it out tonight as it is friday and after a movie and a beer with some friends I`ll be back to Paadora for some serious a$$ kicking!  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

PS: you are right, my posts are getting more and more of this  >:D showing my appreciation for BL!

PZ

Sounds like you're really getting into the game, JRD  :-X

I agree - mmosu deserves a raise!  :-))

Art Blade

boys, if you think he's doing well, give the man a slap on the back and USE that kudos thing/thumbs up - that's how you can show your appreciation.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

JRD

I am trying, but

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours.  :D

That would be one for the spot on reply and one for me being so late in doing the Karma thing!  ::)

mmosu

PZ, I'll accept nothing less than a 50% raise over what you're paying me now. . . ????

Art Blade

50%? I think we'll have to reconsider removing that other button which subtracts kudos points. Ah no, that's cruel ;D

WHERE IS DOGZILLA, that bloody pet we use to chew up rogue moderators?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on September 03, 2010, 04:51:46 PM
WHERE IS DOGZILLA, that bloody pet we use to chew up rogue moderators?

Can't help but think about poor little Skagzilla!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

heh, sounds funny :) if that skagzilla really exists (does it, in BL?) I bet it won't be a match for our dogzilla.  ;D

JRD

Yeap, there is a Skagzilla... or was one at least, before I set foot on Dahl Headlands!  >:D >:D >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳