Brotherhood looks to be even better than AC2

Started by PZ, August 27, 2010, 10:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After reading one of the feed articles (first look preview), I'm even more excited to see this game - here are some of the highlights:

• The game starts out with Ezio defending the villa against a large force complete with siege machines.
  • The setting is in Rome, and it is said to be three times the size of Florence
  • You can now upgrade Rome much like you can the villa, and even win over the inhabitants to your way of thinking, which will improve morale, provide better jobs, etc - sounding almost like SimCity
  • Ezio's can call apprentice assassins when he needs them.
  • Ezio can also hold a gun and sword at the same time, but his skills start out largely the same as they were at the end of AC2
  • New ways of using the weapons - he can throw that huge battle ax
  • Horses can now be ridden inside the city, and can be used for combat
  • New ways of rapid movement - for instance a rope freight lift brings him to the rooftop almost instantly
  • See the SP walk through below for more.
This one looks better every time I read about it  :-X

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Singleplayer Commented Walkthrough [North America]

spaceboy

yeah it's already on pre-order for me.   Definitely excited about both the SP and MP of this game.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

PZ

JRD

Can't help but smile and rub my hands vigorously!

They made Assassins Creed one of the finest games ever... an epic so far. Who knows how many titles they will release before start working on a third title in another era? As far as I know it was supposed to have three parts but devs decided to stay in 16th century Italy for a while as it is working so well (compared to the first tile)

And even after they finish the main story, there will be countless other games... they can just place other titles anywhere in history and make it fit to the original plot!

We are looking into e great serie that will last many years to come!!

PZ

I sure hope so - the story is very well done as far as integrating 15 century Italy into the present day.  However, I read an article through the RSS feed that suggested that Ubisoft may not continue with another game - another one said that they've not decided yet.  I guess it is too early to say, but the AC games have proved to be among my favorite.  :-X

JRD

I seriously doubt they'd stop after going this far with AC2.

I don't know how the story ends in AC2, but I don't think it went to a finale... they were working with the idea of having three games and probably developed the plot behind AC2 thinking about leaving things open to a third game!

I read about feudal Japan and the French revolution era as possible scenarios for an AC game, but that was before AC2 was released... some guys speculated final levels of a third game being completely played in modern times as Desmond is "remembering" things from his ancestors like the eagle vision and whatever else he does in AC2

I'm pretty sure they are just stretching AC2 and 15th century Italy as much as they can but we will hear about another era one of these days!

PZ

I'd definitely be interested - and as to how AC2 ends:

Spoiler
Ezio spares Rodrigo Borgia setting the stage for further conflict.  In fact, I understand that Brotherhood takes off where AC2 leaves.

JRD

Spoiler
Those buttons should read "PLEASE, CLICK, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T RESIST!"

Spoiler
;D

Art Blade

;D
Spoiler
why is everyone clicking those spoilers? (;\
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I guess because it is under your control to click or not to click - when someone posts a spoiler without warning, then it is more of an issue  :-()

spaceboy

I think Ubi is planning on doing the AC series right.  They said they don't want to do the COD style of one a year games.  They've built out Brotherhood to be an extension of Ezio's story in SP plus added the  interesting MP aspect.  Perfect.

I have no idea of AC3, except hearing the same things JRD heard about Feudal Japan, and modern days etc.  I do hope they don't do a modern day one.  At least not yet.  There is just already too much modern day games.  I loved AC2 in part because it brought me to a time and place so different from other games.  I will be disappointed if it's just a Desmond in the City game.  But I have faith in UBI Montreal - they've only brought us FC2 plus the AC series. 

I think it's such a great series they can drop in and tell all sorts of ancestors stories in different times.  And one day yes modern times would be cool, but not yet....please....

PZ

I'm with you space, I love 15th century Italy, and am not ready to leave just yet.  ;)

JRD

I agree with you guys. Being in the skin of an ancestor somewhere inHistory is what makes the series so great. They managed to make a great action game in the year 1191... imagine that!  ???

But all that Desmond acquiring some of his ancestors' powers like Eagle Vision points to Desmond using those powers somehow. I really don't want a game in modern days too, but it would be cool to have a level, an after-ending level maybe, where Desmond can go to Abstergo and use his powers to unlock new features for you to use on a second playthrough! Like a bonus level, but please, make the game in a different time and place!

spaceboy

PZ

JRD

mmosu

We can hope someone who has a say-so stumbles across this I guess, right JRD?

PS - I appreciate the discretion shown on the last page with the spoiler buttons  :-X

PZ

Here's another article that describes how the game will play.  Dated June, it is a little old, but still informative.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1096882p1.html

Interestingly, the official Ubisoft site still claims a release date "Holiday 2010" just like with the console versions.

Tags:
🡱 🡳