Game rating: Far Cry 2

Started by PZ, August 26, 2010, 10:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Game title
Far Cry 2

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line6While the story is a bit weak, this is probably my favorite game of all time, and is definitely the game that got me back into gaming after a long hiatus.
Graphics8The graphics were amazing when I first loaded it up, but by today's standards are a little dated so I rated graphics lower than I otherwise would have.  These were ground-breaking graphics when the game was released, and would have earned a "10" from me at the time.
Sound10I absolutely love the music and the lines spoken by the mercs - their antics are priceless memories that I'll not forget.  I have never experienced better. :-X
Game play8what can I say - I still have not played a game that compares to the experience I've had with FC2 a year or so ago; well, close at least.  The only complaint that I could have is that there should be more life in the FC2 world, and that not everyone should be hostile to your character.
Replay value10Definitely the best of the best when it came to replay value for me - I spent countless hours playing FC2!  In fact, I have never played a game more.

Final thoughts
I'm doing this rating well after I've mostly stopped playing FC2, and have rated it relative to the games I play today, like Just Cause 2.  While FC2 is one of the best games I have ever played, I now favor Just Cause 2 for many of the reasons I enjoyed FC2 so much.

Tags:
🡱 🡳