Game rating: Just Cause 2

Started by PZ, August 26, 2010, 10:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Game title
Just Cause 2

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line7JC2 has an incredibly weak story line, but the game has held my interest for a long time despite that fact.  The game reminds me of an old movie "That Man From Rio" with Jean Paul Belmondo who plays a goofy character reminiscent of Rico in the game. As far as fun factory, I am still having a blast in Panau!
Graphics8I've never seen better water in any game - the reflective quality when you're standing on a sandy beach is almost good enough to fool the unknowing observer into thinking he/she is watching a travel movie.  When you're swimming, the colors of the coral are very nice.

Sound6I like the music, but the lines of the "govmen" become a bit old after a while.  The vehicle sound effects are good as are the environmental effects.  In fact, the background horns of the civilians, and their idle banter is a plus.  If only those govmen would shut up! :)

Game play9I compare this game to one of my all time favorites, Far Cry 2.  However, because of the new technology, JC2 wins by far over FC2.
Replay value9What can I say - I've started my 4th or 5th play through.  Although I never collect everything and never complete every mission, I do get most of the game done.

Final thoughts
Far Cry 2 was my favorite game for the longest time, and I compare just about everything I play now to that famous original.  For me, the developers took many aspects of what FC2 pioneered and took it to the next level.  For instance, you can swim in FC2, but you can also swim under water in JC2.  FC2 is devoid of friendly people, and civilians in general, but JC2 is filled with the sounds of life.  The list goes on and on...

JRD

I have a few games on my list for when I bring my PC back to life and JC2 is on it. I only think it`s more towards the bottom of the list than the top. I guess action is the word for this game, but I think it will wear off too easily, I don`t know why. Assassins Creed 2 on the other hand is on top of the list... ,aybe because I think you have more variation within the game to keep you entertained when it starts to get old!

But very nice review, PZ, it sure helps one to move items on a list.  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

JRD - I love both games but definitely put more time into JC2 than AC2.  Play both for sure though.  I think the variety is much greater in JC2 with all the vehicles and freedom of movement.  It's just a different feeling in each game, each worth experiencing, but if you liked the fun in FC2 to goof around I don't think you'll get bored in JC2 by any means.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I agree 100% with spaceboy - the two games have different appeal for me - both as good as one another.  However, when it comes to being monotonous, JC2 has much more variation.  For instance, you can hit the military installations where the fighting is non-stop, and when you tire of that, you can go to a civilian village where you can go about your business in peace.  Tire of that and you can hit the roads for some action.

JRD

Who am I trying to fool here? I`m looking forward for both games, plus RDR if it ever make it to PC, WoP and whatever open-world/shoot-the-heck-out-of-them/do-as-you-like kind of games that comes out in the next year  >:D >:D >:D :-() :-() :-()
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I know exactly how you feel - there are so many games, and not enough time to play them all!

Tags:
🡱 🡳