Game rating: Fallout 3

Started by PZ, August 26, 2010, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Game title
Fallout 3

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line5this was my first excursion into role playing games, and I found it enjoyable.  However, I must admit that I had a bit of a problem in that I inadvertently did something that changed the world for me - not that it was necessarily bad, but I had to remember to play the game again and ensure that it did not occur again (blowing up Megaton).  Maybe role playing is not really my style.
Graphics3there is no kind way to say it - they are kind of cheesy in an old-style way.  It's bad enough that many individuals have written mods to improve the look and feel of the wasteland.  I don't know if I had a problem with my machine, but for a while the frame rate seemed to be a bit low considering the hardware I'm playing on wasn't even conceived when the game came out.

Sound8I really enjoy the post-apocalyptic gloomy sound as you wander the wasteland.  All in all, the sound is still excellent even by today's standard.  The music is great!
Game play8fantastic - there are so many different ways to approach your explorations, and due to it's role playing nature, the outcome varies with what you do with the people you meet.  Here again, the game has been hugely modified so that you can do many new and different styles of missions.
Replay value8it's a role playing game - enough said - you can play it quite a bit and not get the exact same experience twice.

Final thoughts
I have really enjoyed modding FO3 - my version is so heavily modified that it almost doesn't look like the original game.  I had fun changing the weapons from the cheesy cartoon-like arms you see in the original game to weapons that look like they are from ArmA2.  The environment is also different, and you can mod the behavior of just about anything in the game.  Like ArmA 2, programmers should have a blast with this one. :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳