Game rating: ArmA 2

Started by PZ, August 26, 2010, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Game title
ArmA 2

Category            Rating            Comments
Story line5To be fair, I never did play the game through so I can't really be fully objective.  However, the parts that I did play were average for me.
Graphics6a bit better than average for the time, but not as stunning as other titles I've played.  Frame rate can be poor unless you have top notch hardware.
Sound4I enjoyed all of the game sounds except the people talking.  Often sounding like different people spoke different parts of the same sentence, it sounded kind of goofy.  That part caused me to rate sound below average
Game play6I did not play the missions as much as I played with modding the game and controlling the battlefield that way.  The most fun for me was to program what the different elements did on the field - you can control things to the finest level of detail; paths of helicopters, what they do while flying, and even what they target.  The sky is the limit, which was the best part of the game for me.
Replay value4I can't say that I would ever finish the main missions let alone replay them with all of the other titles that fascinate me more.  I guess what bothers me the most is the speech of the people in the game - most distracting for me, and made me feel like the game was simply not polished.

Final thoughts
I could take or leave ArmA 2 - it was fun me mostly from the modding aspect rather than the native game.  If you're a programmer at heart, then ArmA 2 might hold your interest for quite a while - the game still has a massive following as evidenced by the armaholic.com site.

Tags:
🡱 🡳