Game rating: FUEL

Started by JRD, August 26, 2010, 07:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Game title
FUEL

Category            Rating            Category Details
Story line5it`s a racing game, what story do you need? Although the post apocalyptic Earth, devastated by natural disaster setting is cool.
Graphics6Graphics are nice, draw distance is where FUEL show its best but at close distance its quite bad looking.
Sound6I like the soundtrack and some engines sound cool, but overall nothing special.
Game play7 races are fun, specially those you race not only against other racers but also against hurricanes, earthquakes and so. Too bad those are but a few of the total races. Races are also varied and can take from a few minutes up to a few hours! I missed being able to choose what kind of vehicle I want to race on - the game gives you just a few to choose from. One major flaw is the lack of speed... even the fastest vehicles seem like slow on straight highways - the drag racer cannot leave the desert and is the only one that feels like real fast (I reached high speeds when falling over high cliffs). Some complain that there is nothing to do in the huge world, well its quite true, but I enjoyed a lot the free roaming aspect of the game.
Replay value7I`m still going back to FUEL for the free roam and to beat some races in the harder mode (3 stars)... again, I only wish I could race again with better vehicles of my choice!

Final thoughts
A very cool game, I don't regret buying it or any second spent on it... not the best racing game in the world, but quite fun!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I was never really able to get into Fuel because there is no shooting involved  :-()

However, I did enjoy the beautiful world, but even more so, the screen captures that Art and others had posted.  Even though I'm not really into racing games, I thoroughly enjoy seeing the best parts of them in the form of the screenies.  :-\

Tags:
🡱 🡳