Splinter Cell: Conviction

Started by JRD, August 25, 2010, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I was reading through a post by tehsam where he actually says Splinter Cell Convictionis being kinda disappointing. I was quite interested in that game as I played the very first Splinter Cell and enjoyed a lot!

Here is a vid about it... looks awesome, kind of a Jason Bourne game with some nice art features like how they display your objectives, how you seamlessly passes from a cutscene to gameplay...

It's a 3rd Person Shooter stealth game so unlike AP you won't have the chance to affect the story, but it sure seems to be a great action game!

Splinter Cell Conviction gameplay
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Nice.. interesting  :) Thanks for that vid, the first time I looked into SC:C, not bad :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

It's a decent game, but I liked Chaos Theory a lot better. The levels in this don't feel nearly as open ended as CT's did, instead it just feels more dumbed down to appeal to the CoD/Halo crowd. It's a good rental though since the replay value isn't too high as most the moments in single player are semi-interactive, which means it forces you to pretty much watch the same things over and over. The best mode in this is actually the coop/Deniable ops, since the levels in them feel a lot more like CT's, and a lot more open ended. Not sure how the PC version fares as i've only played the 360 one, but IMO TPS' are generally better on consoles.

Tags:
🡱 🡳