Game rating: Operation Flashpoint 2 - Dragon Rising

Started by JRD, August 25, 2010, 06:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Game title
Operation Flashpoint 2 - Dragon Rising

Category            Rating            Category Details
Story line5In the first game it was Russia vs USA, but the story took place in 1985, now China invades an island with large oil reserves and US troops enter combat to defend... oil :P
Graphics5For todays standards it`s a pretty game, models look good but nothing impressive
Sound10excellent sound effects, good voice acting and good attention to details. You will even duck when under fire/td]
Game play4 for an open world game so proud of its terrain (Skira island was created using real terrain data from satellites!) OFP2 screws up big time by making all missions time based, which means that all that land is NOT for you to play as in a sandbox game. You better rush towards your objective or you`ll fail and have to restart all over again.
Replay value3again... if you are so in a hurry to accomplish your objectives you don`t have enough time to try a different approach... so much for replay value!

<b>Final thoughts</b>

Overall I enjoyed playing OFP2DR while it lasted but as soon as it finished (not a long campaign either) I felt frustrated! I was expecting more! MP might extend fun, modding too, but I never felt compelled to go back and play it again!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Excellent read, JRD  :-X

I agree with all you wrote in your final thoughts - although I purchased the game, and played a bit, I quickly lost interest after I discovered that the missions are time-based.  If I'd had the opportunity to read your rating a long time ago, I'd never had purchased it myself because I have no interest in the time limited games no matter how good everything else is.

Tags:
🡱 🡳