Game rating: Far Cry 2

Started by JRD, August 24, 2010, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Game title
Far Cry 2

Category            Rating            Category Details
Story line6A mercenary in Africa... wow... but at least they made it in Africa, which is great
Graphics8At first sight it was a jaw dropping game, today its outdated but still look good. Shadows and lights are beautyful and no other game can beat the fire this game depicts
Sound10Amazing soundtrack and great lines by the mercs... too bad they all speak too fast and there are not enough voice variations so sometimes it seems like you are killing the same three or four guys over and over (actually, you are!!)
Game play10 A true sandbox game... you can try and experiment several different ways in this game. The only thing that usually doesn't w@&k for me is stealth. Respawns are a major point of complains, but once you get used to it it won't matter. One thing I always found annoying is that mercs can take a massive ammount of led on their bared chest and still shoot at you... weapons, specially rifles, seems way too weak.
Replay value10I'm still playing it and finding new stuff or trying new ways of doing the same thing... very high replay value

<b>Final thoughts</b>
What can I say? It's a love it or hate it relationship... I chose love it! Even with some flaws, this is a game I keep installed on my PC and every now and again I come back to Africa for a visit! It gave me so many great moments... and even today I'm still trying and finding new stuff on this game!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I have to admit that I'm much like you in that I keep FC2 on my PC.  When I play another game a bit too much and want something different, I frequently turn to FC2 and am reminded why I started gaming again after such a long hiatus.

JRD

Far Cry 2 is really a game for me to have some fun... nothing is challenging there anymore... its a place where I can just realx and shoot some mercs, seriously! Everything, everywhere is so familiar, its like spending your vacations in a place you enjoy!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳