Anyone heard of Boiling Point?

Started by PZ, April 06, 2009, 09:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Someone on another forum mentioned that this game is very similar to FC2:
http://www.atari.com/boilingpoint/uk/home.htm

JRD

Looks great PZ
I was checking the game site and some videos of actual gameplay at youtube and it resambles FC2 with factions and jungles. Not so beautyfull though, but with RPG elements, large cityes and vehicles like helicopters and planes.....
Can be a great fun...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

will check it out.  thanks for the tip.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

PZ

Sure does sound appealing despite the complaints - I recall many complainers about FC2 as well.

JRD

At first it didn't look too beautyfull compared to FC2, but at the gamespot review it says the game was released in 2005.... so it is, in fact, pretty well made.
And by now, it may be cheap...

Besides, it features elements from FPS and RPG, which I think is quite a good way for games to evolve in the near future.
Soon, genres will be mixed up, I think, and if devs can find a balance between FPS and RPG, then story and action will be great...... in my dreams, at least

Bravo

I had Boiling Point, and to be honest it really wasn't that good. It was loaded with gamebreaking bugs, and it just didn't "feel" like a game I like. It sounds wierd but its true. Sometimes I just know a good game by the way it handles.

Fiach

I bought it for a fiver shortly after release, then I found out why it was so cheap, I will definately play it, so thanks for the reminder! :)

Another one to check out would be STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, it has some quite interesting quirks ...eg. you take cover behind a barrel or crate and an ally soldier will come over to help you .... by pushing you out from the cover of the object, so he can take cover there!

Another "quirk" would be a quest giver getting killed before you can turn in your quest.

Worth playing though, I think a sequel/expansion was released recently called Clear Sky, I dont know what its quality is like though.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I don't know about boiling point. I heard about Stalker Chernobyl, but I only bought Stalker Clear Sky. It had the quirks you described, but got patched up well. That game was a dream for a while... gosh, I spent months playing it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

seen the film Boiling Point, pretty good.
ref reply 6 by Art, Stalker S.O.C. was the 1st FPS game i ever played, its totaly awesome despite its little bugs, has a great MOD comunity behind it online too, from simple little changes to Total Conversion Mods most of which cant recomend highly enough, Oblivion Lost / Priboi Story are just 2 of them, gives you 3+ games for the price of 1 !
as for Clear Sky least said the better !!! can kinda see what they were trying to do but personally found it to be a great dissapointment, and alot easier than S.O.C. too. shame really cos S.O.C got to be in top 5 games EVER...great setting for a game, not out-there scifi or WW2 like too many FPS on the market, gritty, dark and on several occasions scared the living daylights out of me. good realism to alot of it too.
recomend returning ClearSky and getting S.O.C instead.
  if you like can send you couple o links to best sites for S.O.C.
have strongly recommended S.O.C. and FarCry2 to all my friends who play games an so far they really got into them both.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I'd like to see the links, dke58 - I'm always in the mood for a new FC2-style game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳