Brink

Started by JRD, August 19, 2010, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quite Sci-Fi, quite War and Combat... half muzzarela, half pepperoni!  :-()

I thought I'd put this one here so anyone interested in or familiar with can have a word about it!

This game looks wicked!  >:D >:D >:D

FPS, team mates and cool graphics... doesn't look open world, but can have great replay value!

Aparently you can engage in multiple objectives depending on how you play it. In these svideo the guy is advancing with his team mates and brings up a radial display. For what I understand, if you choose to play as soldier, your objective is to blast your way through the area and make sure your team reaches another area. Since the guy is playing as an Spec Operative or whatever, his mission is to find and interrogate a fallen enemy nearby. On the second video, something similar, but he changes to Engineer class. Also, I understand you can choose how to tackle the game anytime, just get to a kind of terminal computer and choose some settings. If the game is well balanced in this aspect, you have a kind of organic gameplay sort of thing going on that can be great!

Brink Container City Gameplay Part 1 [HD]

Brink Container City Gameplay Part 2 [HD]

About the Game

Brink is an immersive first-person shooter that blends single-player, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay into one seamless experience, allowing you to develop your character whether playing alone, with your friends, or against others online. You decide the combat role you want to assume in the world of Brink as you fight to save yourself and mankind's last refuge. Brink offers a compelling mix of dynamic battlefields, extensive customization options, and an innovative control system that will keep you coming back for more.

Brink takes place on the Ark, a man-made floating city that is on the brink of all-out civil war. Originally built as an experimental, self-sufficient and 100% "green" habitat, the reported rapid rise of the Earth's oceans has forced the Ark to become home to not only the original founders and their descendants but also to thousands of refugees. With tensions between the two groups growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark. Which side will you choose?
KEY FEATURES:

* Not Just Another Hero – Brink's advanced player customization offers a near-endless combination of looks for your character – allowing for the appearance of your character to be truly unique. As you progress through the game and acquire more experience, you'll have even more opportunities for customization.
    * Two Sides to Every Story – Choose to fight through the single player campaign as either a member of the Resistance or the Security and then take your same character online to play cooperatively or competitively against other players.
    * Blurring the Lines – Take your unique character online at any time you choose! Brink allows you to seamlessly move between your single player campaign, co-op with friends, and intense multiplayer action. Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people (or AI characters) cooperatively as you take on the opposing faction or with up to 16 players competitively.
    * Play SMART – Brink uses the familiar shooter controls that you're used to, without frustrating, artificial constraints and adds a new feature: the SMART button. When you press the SMART button, the game dynamically evaluates where you're trying to get to, and makes it happen. Whether you're a seasoned FPS veteran or someone just getting started, you'll be able to make more intelligent decisions during the fast-paced action with SMART.
    * Context-Sensitive Goals and Rewards - Objectives, communications, missions, and inventory selection are all dynamically generated based on your role, your condition, your location, your squad-mates, and the overall status of the battle in all gameplay modes. You'll always know exactly where to go, what to do when you get there, and what your reward will be for success.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

Hmmmm... it gets better... I see a lot of potential in here  8)

Brink Introductory Airport Walkthrough [HD]

Art Blade

just watched that container city previews 1 to 3. The mercs sound like FC2 mercs, even their lines :)

Kind of major league confusing to me at a first glance, but may be funny at the same time. Anyway, nice find, JRD  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I like the idea of an adaptative game style. I reckon you can play in so many different ways it will last for long. Don't know how your team mates behave in SP... might be great for co-op or MP and crap for SP with AI (or AD) getting in the way or depending too much on you. On the other hand, can be a breath of fresh air in the FPS universe if it brings adaptability and freedom of choice on the fly!

Wait and see!

PZ

Man that guy playing was fast - made me a bit dizzy to watch!  ???

mmosu

Is this one on anyone elses radar?  I just started reading about it today, looks kind of interesting - a MP FPS where you can free-run - reminds me of Killzone 3 and Borderlands mashed with Mirror's Edge.  Looks like character progression and customization will play a huge role.  The IGN link is:  http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14349123.html

Brink - Upcoming Shooter - Extended Long Debut E3 Trailer + HowDoMake + NEW 2010
Brink Demo - IGN Live E3 2010

PZ

Looks intriguing  :-X

spaceboy

this does seem pretty neat.  I remember reading a bit about it.  I think I may have to take another look at it at some point.  The gaming landscape is pretty crowded for me this year.  It looks fun from the trailer though, that's for sure!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

It`s on my radar all right...

I`ve posted something about it a couple months ago and am still waiting to see how it plays before trying!

You are right about customization playing a huge role in it... and also spot on when comparing it to Mirror`s Edge... at least the free running/climbing/LeParkour style it bears!

It seems to be very MP oriented but also designed to give SP experience good life

Looking forward to reviews!!  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on April 11, 2011, 08:19:04 PM
Is this one on anyone elses radar?  I just started reading about it today

Quote from: PZ on April 12, 2011, 08:48:15 AMLooks intriguing  :-X

Quote from: spaceboy on April 12, 2011, 09:18:44 AMI remember reading a bit about it.

Quote from: JRD on April 12, 2011, 11:38:38 AMI`ve posted something about it a couple months ago

you guys are killing me  ^+-+

[admin]Before starting a new topic about a game, please check the index of "other games" if the game you're about to post doesn't already exist. Thanks, peeps :)[/admin]

I'm just glad the MERGE function works again..  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

You are spoiling us, Art... nobody actually tries too hard to find something around here.

If you can`t find it within 10 seconds, leave it to the Hammer  ;D

Seriously though... I tried to find this post before posting my reply but my search keeps taking me to spaceboy`s reply!  :D

Art Blade

:)

Seriously, I wonder why on the front page this..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

..escapes everyone's attention. Click it! ^-^

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 12, 2011, 11:46:47 AM
I'm just glad the MERGE function works again..  ^-^

^+-+ :-X .. another good phrase "if you can't find it, Blade it"  I do believe Art is our resident search engine  ????

Good to see you again, JRD!  ;)

Art Blade

mmosu

Yeah, you caught me, I apparently didn't look very hard  ^+-+  Funny thing was, right as I posted it I thought "Art's gonna kill me if I missed this topic somewhere . . .  \:/    :ideas
I guess at the end of the day, if the "search" function worked half as good as the "Art" function, we would be doing this dance a lot less  :-()

So, yeah . . . Brink . . . cool game  :-X :-X

JRD

I guess the treasure chest has another meaning to my mind... of course, the OTHER GAMES flashing in blue zoomed over my head completely!!!  ::)

PZ

Quote from: mmosu on April 12, 2011, 02:12:41 PM
... right as I posted it I thought "Art's gonna kill me if I missed this topic somewhere . . . 

^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on April 12, 2011, 02:12:41 PMFunny thing was, right as I posted it I thought "Art's gonna kill me if I missed this topic somewhere

that indeed is funny because I said, "you guys are killing me"  ^+-+

No one is killing no one here. :) I just happen to remember some things and somehow I usually also manage to find the source.

I was thinking about why that treasure chest escapes some  people's attention (topic as of now read 1856 times), maybe we should change the icon to something else, like a big fat yellow exclamation mark and "more games" to "click for more games" or so.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 12, 2011, 05:04:29 PM
... maybe we should change the icon to something else, like a big fat yellow exclamation mark and "more games" to "click for more games" or so.

Not a bad idea, but unfortunately for me, I usually keep the games block closed on my home, forget that it's there, and have to rely on your memory anyhow  :-()

Art Blade

that sparks an idea.. hehe.. going to make a few incentives. :)

Art Blade

done... now each board has got a "READ THIS FIRST (List of Games)" sticky topic:

QuoteTake a look at our increasing list of "other games" which is sorted by child boards and alphanumerically as well :)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

^ Click it! ^-^

PZ

Art Blade

Art Blade

I'm currently installing "BRINK" (German "100% uncut" version) and the installation language choices given were German, Italian, French and Spanish. Sure, because no one in the world speaks English.  :D

Funny thing, the DVD box (yes, retail) reads "Games for Windows Live!" but I had to use STEAM for activation. What the..  ????

JRD

Looking forward to impressions and pics, mate!  8)

Tags:
🡱 🡳