Quad Air

Started by fragger, August 17, 2010, 10:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Beat the traffic blues with the new Flying Quad Bike!

[smg id=2509 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

LOL -- how the heck did that happen?  ^+-+ :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed!

I don't recall seeing Mike's place from that angle

mandru

A cool shot! I have no guess of how you managed that one.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Indeed...  ????

OK, that`s enough, fragger... tell us how you pulled that one!!!  \:/
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Oh-oh - I'm getting a stern lecture from JRD, so I better spill :-\\

When you start along the road to the Marina, there's first a right bend, then a left. After rounding that left bend you'll have this view:

[smg id=2510 align=center width=400]

Dead ahead are three trees. Between the two on the right there's this projecting spur of rock at the top of the cliff which overlooks the Marina:

[smg id=2511 align=center width=400]

[smg id=2512 align=center width=400]

I went full bore off this rock and into the wild blue yonder. What's interesting is that I've done this repeatedly and no matter where I land or how much the quad and I tumble together after landing, I never get a scratch, despite the fact that it's a big drop. If I take a running jump off the same rock it's a certain rescue-buddy summoner. Sometimes I land on the roof of the bar, but more often than not I go tumbling down the back or side of it. The quad almost always ends up blowing black smoke prior to exploding, but there's that AT outside the arsenal to use so it doesn't matter if the bike goes kablooie.

Hmm... next time I might see if I can get off the bike mid-flight, and see what happens.

JRD

That`s the rock spur I use when I have to rescue the barge at the Marina (if I`m coming by bus, that is). A perfect spot for picking foes one by one!  >:D

I`ve done it a few times with the Datsun and always landed on the rooftop of Mike`s. Haven`t tried with the quad yet!  ;)

Still, you first image gives me the impression that you are way ahead of that rock and facing back with the quad, as if you had jumped really far and somehow managed to turn around a look at your launching point!  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Yeah, that's a great spot for defending the barge :-X

I wish I had been able to do that trick you mentioned :-() Sometimes if I hit the rock at a squirrelly angle I can get the bike to barrel-roll a bit while it flies. That would make a cool screenie!

PZ

Nice, fragger - and great job on that mini tutorial on how to do it - I've not done that one before, nor have I used that spot to snipe from on the barge mission.

mandru

fragger, It seems that in your initial screen cap, right after your jump, the quad twisted to the right in the air so that the roof of Mike's looks like a concrete driveway up to the armory. Where I don't have the expansion pack for the quad it hadn't occurred to me that could be a possible jump characteristic. That's what had me confused on how you'd managed to get that shot.   :o

I thought (actually hoped) maybe you had found a new way in over that rock cliff behind the Marina.  I know I've spent a couple hours crawling around and around that hill working towards that objective with no luck and was anxious to hear that maybe you'd cracked it but still your screen cap was a highly amusing shot.  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

Nice.. fragger, you should consider a career in TV or movie biz. You successfully made people believe it was a new thing and sold a remake of one of our funny tactics and tips called 28) crazy driving (shortcut to Marina)  :-X ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thanks, chaps :) :-()

Art, it now occurs to me that I got the idea from you originally in the very thread that you linked in your last post, so the credit is really yours, not mine - I probably wouldn't have even thought of it otherwise :-[

mandru, you can climb down that cliff to the bar. If you go to your left from where the projecting rock in the picture is to where there's an even higher cliff face (which you can't climb), there's a bunch of rocks and boulders "in the corner" that you can hop down, from one to the next, make your way down that way, and end up behind the bar. These rocks also make good sniping spots for the barge defense - you just need to be mindful of your "footing" :)

mandru

Good to know.  :)  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

fragger, don't worry, credits are yours as well as you revived it and maybe made people check out that funny tactics and tips topic again (it's huge alright but there is a huge amount of tricks ;) )

Tags:
🡱 🡳