DLC 4 on the horizon, semi-officially . . .

Started by mmosu, August 06, 2010, 01:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

According to unofficial sources leaked on the internet yesterday, DLC 4 may soon be on the way.  Apparently contained deep inside PC software patch 1.31 is a folder full of info on the plot of the next installment in the series, which from the looks of it involves a Claptrap rebellion accidentally instigated by the Hyperion corporation and led by the "ninja assassin" Claptrap alluded to following the credits of the main game.  The full scoop can be read here
It looks like loads of new enemies and possibly another enabled playthrough will be features.  From the files extracted, it appears that many of the new enemies will be reappearances of old enemies we have already faced revived and rebuilt using Claptrap parts! 
Remember, none of this is official, and has been likened to "a script to a movie that hasn't even begun being shot yet". 
Now, discuss   ;D

Art Blade

Interesting find.. I don't believe anyone would accidently leave confidential stuff in a wildly distributed patch which is aimed at a group of natural modders.. who are used to searching files.. sounds like a cleverly placed bait  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that were the case Art, especially given Gearbox's history of "unconventional" marketing techniques.

mmosu

The last 24 hrs have produced wild debate and speculation over the contents of patch 1.31.  Surfacing today is part of a communication, presumably from Hyperion, about their little "situation":

"It seems the claptraps have begun to 'interface' with
everything on Pandora. Hyperion is, of course, blameless in the matter. Is
it our fault that our hardware is too compatible? Still, out of the goodness
of our hearts, we have developed a four-part containment plan that the boys
in marketing call 'Operation Trap Claptrap Trap.' With your help, I'm
certain this enterprise will be a fruitful one."

"four-part containment plan" huh?  I think I know what that means  >:D  This DLC (assuming that all of this is true) is going to have General Knoxx's big combat boots to fill, hope it will be up to the challenge!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Two new write-ups, still all speculation, but at least someone from Gearbox has come out and said that this is a real thing and we all didn't just have a collective gamer wet-dream:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/4364/borderlands-dlc-4-info-leaked.html

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1110794p1.html

Art Blade

so I reckon that indeed it was a bait.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳