Can buddies be killed off TOO fast ?

Started by Stryker7, August 05, 2010, 02:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker7

I managed to kill all but 2 buddies in Leboa-Seko. They are missing since Mikes Bar massacre.

I am in Bowa-Seko. Playing in infamous mode. I have done all the assignation missions, and as pertains to buddies, I have followed this protocol.

Get a buddy, make sure to do his 2 buddy missions, then when I get him on a side mission, blow his or her brains out as it were.

I have met 11 buddies so far. Isnt there one more ? I went back to Mosate Selao to get the save a buddy mission, to meet the 12th buddy, but no go. I did another UFLL main mission, with no side mission offered. I went back to Mosate Selao again, and no save a buddy mission.

Did I screw up? Should I go back to a save point beyond, my last "shoot my buddy in the head" deal ?

The only buddy I have is the Irish guy, and no side missions offered.

There are 12 buddies in total (not counting the Jackal) ?

** Edit *** Never mind, only 5 buddies in Bowa-Seko. I thought there were 6 in each, but Arts maximum missions thread got me straightened out. Now I go back.

mandru

Just make sure you get you safe house updates before you make them Ex-Buddies.

At rail crossing over Yabek's barge if you shot your buddy instead of giving them the fuse I believe it would cost you your upgrade.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Stryker7

I went back to just before I killed my next to the last buddy. Everything worked out.

Quote from: mandru on August 05, 2010, 03:42:13 PM
Just make sure you get you safe house updates before you make them Ex-Buddies.

Just got the weapon mounted vehicles last main mission. Is there another ?

Quote from: mandru on August 05, 2010, 03:42:13 PM
At rail crossing over Yabek's barge if you shot your buddy instead of giving them the fuse I believe it would cost you your upgrade.

Nah, I waited till we blew up the barge, and let her help me during the melee that followed, THEN I blew her brains out.  >:D

I do have a question, I have just escaped the prison, after the jackal stomped my face in. As soon as I hit the red marker, it awarded me a 3rd degree of reputation.

I have had 4th degree for the last 2 or 3 main missions. I liked the idea that they thought I was the devil himself.

Why the demotion? Or is it some sort of game glitch ? Or did I get a demotion for the jackal kicking my butt ?

mandru

Quote from: Stryker7 on August 06, 2010, 12:03:57 AM

Why the demotion? Or is it some sort of game glitch ? Or did I get a demotion for the jackal kicking my butt ?

I compare that rep demotion to when the same thing happens at the end of Act I  after you've been tossed on the meat wagon and hauled out into the desert for dead. (I happen to know that truck never makes it back to base from DB's discovery http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1700.msg29224#msg29224) The driver (lost in the storm) never could have reported that you were missing from the back of the truck.

Instead of being feared for having clawed your way out of hell and that you are handing out free passes to eternity, you find your rep has significantly dropped.

At the start of Act II  instead of being feared as the walking dead and for killing a victory rally, you're just the new kid on the block that every one wants to take a shot at.

It doesn't really seem to matter that you killed a prison.  >:((

In an aside I wanted to point out that if you have saved Yabek's barge mission for the very last so that the safe house upgrade of your AT to a GLAT has occurred on completing the mission there is a bug that sometimes happens.

When you leave your BB there at the bridgehead (dead or alive your choice) follow the road back to that closest safe house and make a save right before you mount up into that newly converted GLAT.

I have found that often the game will super impose the new GLAT over the old AT without removing the old one first.  If that has happened you can either touch the ATs and they will blow apart or if you can hop in without touching it you'll get one of the best rides in the game!  ;D

[smg id="1540" align=center width=210]

If you see this barrel configuration as you approach you know that you are now the proud owner of the all new experimental 50 cal GLAT and ready to start your own space exploration program.

I had to go through recently and dig almost 400 screen shots out of my game files from playing around with this highly amusing bug.
- mandru

Stryker7

Thanks for the info mandru. I am still learning a lot about this game.

BTW, found that bench on the island north of the mortar guy. Never realized it was there, I was too busy trying to avoid the gunboats. :)

mandru

:-X

You are welcome.  I hope I didn't drop any spoilers on you wit that last post.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I think you can kill off your buddies too fast and not get the side missions during the main mission, at least in the south. On my speed run, I killed off the last buddy then went to get the mission where you have to blow the pipeline. I never got the call to destroy the safety valve first and the canyon didn't flood. I still had a buddy at Mike's but he wasn't going to leave, since you need a buddy to show up when you get the diamond delivery mission to tell you to meet them at the airport. This may only be possible in the south where there's less buddies, but if you count the number of missions and the number of buddies in each map, you could find out easy enough.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Quote from: Stryker7 on August 06, 2010, 08:49:46 AM
Thanks for the info mandru. I am still learning a lot about this game.

BTW, found that bench on the island north of the mortar guy. Never realized it was there, I was too busy trying to avoid the gunboats. :)

I've been playing FC2 on and off for well over a year and I'm still finding things - details, hidden paths, places I can climb up, ways around, etc. I never even knew that bench was there until mandru posted about it. It's a great game 8)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳