Bored? Guard Post Fun helps

Started by Art Blade, August 02, 2010, 03:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

After a good long time I played some FC2 again. I used one of my savegames (no malaria attacks) that are available here (click here to jump to the quick saves post with a detailed description).

After horsing around like Lucky Luke on steroids in Port Selao, I took a random exit out of town. It was to the west, and then right up to the north. That is one of the few roads I almost never use except when scouting GPs or fetching diamonds and it leads to a GP with some goats running around, a stationary Datsun and a stationary AT and a stationary wrecked bus that serves as a BBQ street vendor thing. There are two of those breakable fuel pumps that go off in large jets of fire when hit.

[smg id=2454 align=center width=400]

Five mercs there were my toys to play with for some time now, and when they had all died of unnatural causes, I was disappointed. I wanted more. I took my car, drove a short distance along the road due North until to the left side I saw an opening right in front of a green knoll and behind the massive rocks. I remembered that there was a shortcut to the safehouse which is located on top of that rocky cliff where a hang glider was waiting to take you to some diamond. I took that glider and turned left around the rocks and saw the GP had completely respawned. Hmmm... I killed all mercs in different ways and decided to check if they'd really respawn that fast. Grabbed the AT, drove up north, turned left into that gap in front of that knoll and drove up through that "secret passage" to the safehouse. I was in a hurry, so I ran over the hang glider and tumbled down the cliff clawing the seat not to fall off. The last few steps on foot and.. there it was, the freshly respawned GP.

After killing all mercs in yet another fashion I grabbed the Datsun and drove up to the safehouse, blew everything up and took the hang glider to pay that GP a little visit..

Man, that was so much fun. I just took a break to tell you guys that if you want to have some fun with mercs, that's the place to be. It was fun to listen to them, tease them, torch the garbage heaps, kill some goats, burn the BBQ stand, blow up yellow barrels, set the fuel pumps on fire, and erase the last merc so I could start over. And over. And over  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I will add a screenie as soon as AEVA (gallery) allows. Currently there's a hiccup in that software setup, and I know some admin who is awfully busy right now fixing things. Aren't you, PZ?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

When I can!  :-()

AeMe should be up and running though.  However, it is perplexing that it broke in the first place.  ::)

mandru

A bit North and across the river from your GP Art there is an unmarked group of mercs on a cliff with a hang glider.  The other night while playing I was laughing maniacally and my wife came over to see what I was doing.

Gingerly using the front bumper of the different vehicles I'd been able to hijack to push the glider off its launch point and over the edge being careful not to drop a wheel off the the platform.  Then I'd back the various vehicles up to give myself a good run up to get to full speed and launch myself off the cliff attempting to hit the river without bouncing on the cliff face on the way down.

After watching me mop up the mercs to gain access and two or three launches she shook her head and pronounced "You are such a boy."

Personally I think the AT has the best speed providing better flight characteristics but the Dune Buggy more nimbly dodges the rock on the right hand side as you enter the camp clearing right before the jump where ramp line up is critical  but more experimentation may be in order.  ;)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Quote from: mandru on August 02, 2010, 05:49:13 PM
...she shook her head and pronounced "You are such a boy."

Hahaha ;D ;D ;D Aren't we all?

Reminds me of the time when I spent half an hour or so trying to see how many mercs I could take out by crash-landing on them with the hang glider from the safehouse Art was talking about. Boys will be boys ;D

Art Blade

Pic in place now, cheers PZ. :-X

hehe, Big Boys don't ride a bicycle in games. We use heavily armed vehichles with mounted grenade launchers such as an AT.. to drive it off of cliffs or run mercs over with  ;D :-X

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on August 02, 2010, 03:16:00 PM
... if you want to have some fun with mercs, that's the place to be. It was fun to listen to them, tease them, torch the garbage heaps, kill some goats, burn the BBQ stand, blow up yellow barrels, set the fuel pumps on fire, and erase the last merc so I could start over. And over. And over  ;D ;D ;D

It`s like a funny version of The Groundhog day with guns, blood and jungle  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Lol JRD :-()

All that's needed is a radio playing "I got you babe" ;D

Dweller_Benthos

That's funny, I don't think I've ever taken that "secret route" from that GP to that safe house. I always walk into the jungle directly behind the GP and up the hill to the safe house, sort of the opposite loop that Art has marked on his screen shot. Also, I don't hink I ever go that way after getting the diamonds in that area either.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

JRD, lol  ;D

D_B, I know "your" loop too. But I wanted to try something else :)

PZ

Nice one, Art - experimentation is what open world games is all about  :-X

mandru

My favorite GP to harass is on the road between the bus stop and the gun shop near the bus where you pick up the predecessor missions in the North.

[smg id="2457" align=center width=210]

[smg id="2458" align=center width=210]

The two pics above are the first and last of a series of 15 very quickly captured frames.

In god mode with infinite ammo and invisibility I can drop IEDs under the front bumpers (3 ea works well for me) of the two ATs parked at either end of the GP but in the shots above the ATP was passing through from left to right so I left them little present in the road to liven things up.

Once the shows over I head West then North to loop around the bus where you  get the predecessor missions (stopping to harass them too don't ya know) back around to the bus station and the GP has regenerated men and ATs but there's still a lot of scorched grass around from previous visits.
- mandru

PZ

mandru

;D

Thanks PZ I must have spent 2 hours the night I got these shots getting the two ATs parked up top just  right.
- mandru

fragger

Great w@&k, mandru! :) :-X

"Rooftop Parking Available" :-()

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳