Upcoming DLC plans..

Started by tehsam016, July 10, 2010, 03:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehsam016

Well i gotta admit, i'm quite excited for what's in store for Red Deads paid for DLC. Recently Rockstar released their plans for the DLC, which is supposedly going to start coming out beginning in August and ending sometime in the Fall :). Here's the details:

The upcoming downloadable content includes:

Legends and Killers Pack (Releasing beginning of August 2010)
New active map locations, characters and more:

9 New Multiplayer map locations — more than doubling the amount of territories in the Multiplayer Competitive modes
    8 New Multiplayer characters— play as characters from Red Dead Revolver
    Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding Challenges for single player and multiplayer
    New Achievements/Trophies
    Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)

Liars and Cheats Pack
New Competitive Modes, Multiplayer Mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

'Attack and Defend' Multiplayer Competitive Mode and Challenges
    New Multiplayer Horse Races complete with mounted combat
    Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters
    Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game
    Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated Challenges available in single-player and multiplayer
    New Achievements/Trophies
    Release date TBC

Free Roam Pack
Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new Modes, Challenges and Gang Hideouts to discover:

Additional Free Roam Challenges
    New action areas and defensive placements
    Posse Scoring / Posse Leaderboards
    New 'anti-griefing' measures in Free Roam
    Release date and pricing TBC

Undead Nightmare Pack
Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

Brand new single player adventure, Challenges and quests
    8 New Multiplayer Zombie characters
    Additional animals unleashed in the world
    New Dynamic events
    More details to follow...
    Release date TBC

Art Blade

Thank you for the detailed infos, matey  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I sure am looking forward to some of these  :-X

tehsam016

Your very welcome. I'm looking forward to the zombies the most ;). I suspect they'll release it around Halloween too :P.

spaceboy

I'm a little concerned because for whatever reason I've only ever been able to joing a competitive mode with one person in it and all other times it was just me and I had to back out.  Free roam mp has had people but really never any of the matches.  Then I tried, albeit only once, to do the new DLC and again nobody to play with.  I'll get any free roam or sp dlc but I'm not sure I'd wager spending money on MP dlc that I may not be able to play.  I think it still is a problem with how they "free roam lobbies" are who you are supposed to play with and not the larger pool of players in other free roams.  I even tried accepting an invite from a friend and it didn't connect.  Strange stuff in RDR mp for me.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Well, I still can't join the public games so I can't comment but the private roam has worked great for me.  In fact, I've leveled up quite a bit by playing by myself doing the gang hideouts.  Kind of fun, and I like receiving better weapons and outfits to wear.

Well, I'm off to Panau for a bit more JC2 action - see youse later  ;D

Art Blade

PZ "the Rope" is on his way, stay back, folks!  ;D Enjoy the game, old chap  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Quote from: PZ on July 13, 2010, 11:15:08 AM
Well, I still can't join the public games so I can't comment but the private roam has worked great for me.  In fact, I've leveled up quite a bit by playing by myself doing the gang hideouts.  Kind of fun, and I like receiving better weapons and outfits to wear.

Well, I'm off to Panau for a bit more JC2 action - see youse later  ;D

Yeah that's one of my favorite aspects of the multi -the ability to do everything by yourself (with the exception of the coop missions). I leveled at least 3-4 times one time just by going through pikes basin by myself a few times.

Art Blade

by the way, sam, your new avatar is funny :)

PZ

Quote from: tehsam016 on July 15, 2010, 04:47:15 PM
... I leveled at least 3-4 times one time just by going through pikes basin by myself a few times.

Pike's Basin is worth the most of all the hideouts - I typically earn 1800 or so points.  I alternate between Pike's and the old gold mine - both favorites of mine.

tehsam016

Lol thanks Art, the original viral vid it's from is a classic :).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

And I agree PZ, i really like Fort Mercer as well.

Art Blade

sam, the music in that vid is great, underlines the look just perfectly  ;D

tehsam016

Pics from the first upcoming dlc coming next month (Legends & Killers Pack):
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Wow, those are great - I can't wait!  :-X

I especially like the chubby guy with the dynamite headband  ;D

tehsam016

Yeah I know, I wonder how many times it took to get that great picture of him with the hatchet =P.

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

Thanks for the update  :) :-X

PZ

I installed the DLC yesterday even though it is MP only.  However, I can now choose any of the characters to play in private online free roam, which I typically do by myself anyway.  I chose to be Pig Josh, the fat guy with the ring of dynamite around his middle and around his head.  It is hilarious to watch him (me) run around shooting with revolver, carbine, sniper, and throwing dynamite and tomahawks.  ^+-+

Art Blade

PZ

I played a bit of online co-op with my son last night - he did not have the new DLC so was unable to see my Pig Josh character.  I just love Pig Josh - a large hairy sweaty guy with rolls of fat - it is simply amazing how fast he can get around.  :-D

The DLC co-op missions are fun, but I experienced a glitch or Internet lag on a river raft mission where I kept falling into the water and drowning - needless to say, my son found this to be very amusing.  ^-^

Art Blade

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳