Partial Lunar Eclipse 26th June (Pacific region)

Started by fragger, June 24, 2010, 04:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Best visible around the Eastern Pacific Rim. This will begin from about 7:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (weather permitting, of course). Western North America will be able to see the beginning of it (about 2:30am Saturday on the West Coast, e.g. San Francisco), but the moon will set before the eclipse reaches its max. European members - sorry, you won't see any of this one. I'll try and arrange the next one for you instead!

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar-eclipse-june-26-2010.html

"A partial lunar eclipse will be visible in areas such as the Pacific and eastern Australia on June 26, 2010. This will be the first lunar eclipse in 2010 and the second of all eclipses that occur throughout the year..."

"The eclipse will be visible from much of the Americas, the Pacific and eastern Asia. New England and eastern Canada will miss the entire eclipse since the event begins after moonset from those regions..."

"The June 26 eclipse will be visible to observers in places such as:

* Hawaii.
    * Western Alaska.
    * Australia.
    * New Zealand.
    * Eastern portions of Malaysia and other parts of Asia".

I don't know how many members apart from myself will be in a position to see this, and if so, how many will be interested, but I just thought I'd pass this on if you are and you are. Should be a good little astro-show - if the flipping weather clears up in time ::)

Art Blade

Nice, I hope you'll be able to watch it :) I once saw a total eclipse, it was strange.. birds were confused and shut up, it was all silent lol
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳