Biplane locations?

Started by tehsam016, June 22, 2010, 03:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehsam016

I've yet to find one but i really wanna try one out since i like landing jets, but that can sometimes be hard since they're quite fast. So do any of you guys know where to find them?

Art Blade

I never saw any. There is one plane that might be what you're looking for, it's called Peek Airhawk 225, and I know one location's coords where you can find one: on the airfield at X:9500 Y:5678 (top left corner of the map, on the "mainland." You will need that plane (it respawns) for the mission that leads you to the 100-year-old Japanese Soldiers over at the very top left island.

By the way, for coords of vehicles, check our Top Speeds topic :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Oh, just realised, maybe you didn't mean biplanes as in WWI planes, but those futuristic fighter jets? Called G9 Eclipse? Not sure if it was an Eclipse or the smaller one, Si-47 Leopard, but try military airport at X:9567 Y:28222 (lower left of the map, on a mountain, end of runway) Many big military airports have got those in a hangar (check for long well visible runways on map).

By the way, some airports are marked as Military Base and vice versa, just check for long runways :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Nah i meant rotary actually but i guess they don't have any. I think i was thinking of the Peek Airhawk though. Thanks :).

*edit* Nevermind just found it and it is indeed a rotary, cheers :).

Art Blade

good, glad it was the one you were looking for :) Enjoy  ;) :-X

Edit: Almost got me again with "rotary" -- actually had to look it up but without a good result. I suppose you meant "airscrew?"  :)

Art Blade

tehsam016

Yeah I really like it, almost more so than jets since it's very easy to maneuver/land :). If only it had some mini guns on it it would be perfect :P.

*edit* The plane it most closely resembles IRL is a Cessna.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

German aviator Mathias Rust flew from Finland to Moscow in a Cessna in 1987, back in the days of the Iron Curtain, good plane that was. I remember the day when it was aired, that story :) He used a Cessna 172 Skyhawk and the name of JC2's plane is surprisingly close to the original :)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

image source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cessna172-CatalinaTakeOff.JPG

PZ

I personally like the propeller planes because it allows a more leisurely flight.  I used one of those the first time I "discovered" all of the settlements on the map before I actually started the missions in a new game.

Art Blade

Indeed, once I found one of those propeller planes, I tried several things (amongst other things, the "bridge limbo" achievement with success). I love to fly around with this thing and it is faster than I thought it was (see the top speeds topic)  :)

tehsam016

Yeah it's pretty much my favorite plane in the game (despite it being comlpetely harmless). It's just really fun to fly around in/do stunts. Also you can land on pretty much any flat surface as long as you have at least 20-30 feet of landing space since it takes off/lands and slows down almost immediately making for a great escape vehicle as well :).

Art Blade

Hehe, at first I thought that too ("cool, I can even use narrow streets"), until I learned the hard way that its wings did not get along harmoniously with those goddamned lamp poles or overcrossings while landing on streets.  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳