Top 10 Killing Moves in AC2 (vid)

Started by Art Blade, June 17, 2010, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice -  :-X
Even with my limited skills, I've used many of those techniques.  Loads of fun, and the video brings back fond memories  ;)

Art Blade

I never realised there were those different types of blows with heavy weapons you steal from brutes. I mostly related to my own weapons. I like how the vid demonstrates the same technique from various angles and situations before moving on to the next :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

very nice vid - what a joy to watch - yes good memories and feeling the need to return.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

The last time I played, I was focusing on disarming the brutes and using their own weapons on them.  It added a new dimension to the game for me because if the different weapons I could play with, but still keep Altair's.  Two of my favorites:
1. using the lance on a guard - the impalement is nasty  ;D
2. using the ax on the head of a guard, then standing with attitude while I push them over.

Art Blade

lol guys  :) Yes, I think I'll play some AC2 soon  :)

PZ

After installing the new driver, I just had to re-enter Italy - my game settings were already at the maximum, so unfortunately I did not realize a better graphic experience.  However, I did go unarmed into Venice, near the boat dock where the large palace is - tons of guards there.  Naturally, I had to step into the no-man zone and pick a fight, and one fool was inexperienced enough to let me take his hammer away, after which I did the baseball trick on him.

I also loaded up FC2, FO3, ArmA2, and JC2 just to see how everything worked - all are fantastic.

I'd forgotten how much fun each of the games can be; not juct from the playing aspect, but from the ambiance of the open world.  The music in all of them, but mostly striking in AC2.  The difference between FPS and TPS is striking - FC2 almost made me feel like I was looking at the world with tunnel vision - I guess that I'm becoming accustomed to TPS now because they make me feel like I have more peripheral vision.  What's strange is that I really disliked the TPS view when I first used it, and only began to appreciate it because of AC2

Art Blade

Nice post, PZ. Glad the driver works :)

I can well understand your sentiment towards FPS/TPS, I kind of feel the same, although I think it is dependant on the game. A good FPS is still something I'd prefer, but I don't mind TPS that much any more. In the past I found a couple of games that allowed you to choose whether or not to play this or that, which would be absolutely fantastic if JC2 and other games just allowed us to choose (toggle), too.

spaceboy

If you like the music in AC2 PZ I recommend downloading it from amazon - it's 2 discs worth (36 songs) for $7.99.  I love listening to it at w@&k or in the car.

I'm glad to hear you guys coming to terms and in some cases appreciating TPS.  I've always liked both views and figured that's the way the devs wanted it so it must be right for that game.  The peripheral vision is so true.  When I jumped on BC2 the other day I felt constrained a bit as to what was going on to the sides of me.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Wow... I just saw this post!

With so many posts nowadays I cvan't keep track of all of them and use the "mark all messages as read" a lot!

Great vid and excellent animations. I loved how Altair moved in AC1 and sure like how Enzo moves this time around! They did a great job with the kills!

AC2 is on my top of my list to when I get my new PC!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

PZ

@Space - thanks for the music tip - I didn't even know it was available!
@Art - it's funny, but when I play FO3 (which I did yesterday for a bit), I still use the FPS view mostly
@JRD - you're going to love AC2; everything in it is spectacular  :-X

Art Blade

Now that I'm on my second playthrough of AC2, I realise that there are a couple of moves I hadn't seen before. I still haven't seen some of those featured in the video, but I now have performed actions I didn't know I could.

1) When you throw someone to the ground (or knock him down) just walk close to him and hit the button you'd use to punch someone. In this case you kick the poor ba$t@rd in the stomach while he's lying down! You can do that a few times before (if at all) he gets up again. Looks especially brutal when you grab some random woman and throw her away (preferably at a nearby wall which makes her bounce back to you and land right at your feet) and then kick her lights out (women usually don't get up again). Then loot her.. and take either her money or medicine, hehe  ;D

2) With a sword in your hands, grab someone. You'll get behind the person and hold your sword in front of his/her throat.. hit the punch button and you'll cut open the throat which sends a spurt of blood at those who are still in front of you.. quite a mess  ;D

I reckon there are more moves, even :)

PZ

I use both of those extensively.  The kicking one is fun at the beginning when you don't have any weapons and the guards don't either.  In fact, I regularly stomp/kick the crap out of the guards at the beginning of the game, and actually never run from a fight because they're so easy to defeat.

As to the sword at the neck - the basic guards are easy to kill that way, but the ones with the helmets deflect your attempts until their health falls considerably.  The guys with the long spears nearly always fall victim as soon as you get close enough.

Tags:
🡱 🡳