Unable to save my game

Started by Broch, June 12, 2010, 07:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broch

I am not able to save my game in Call of Pripyat.

I remember that I had exactly the same problem with Clear Sky, but back then a patch was already released that fixed it.

This problem makes the game useless ofcourse. It's so disappointing that they make the same mistake again, and this time don't even have a fix for it.

Can anyone here help please?

Broch

Art Blade

I am not sure. What you describe reminds me of perhaps a different game, where the problem only existed as long as it wasn't registered/activated. As in Windows Live! had to be installed and an account was necessary. Maybe this helps :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Broch

I solved the problem!

To make the game save when running Vista, it is necessary to turn of the "protection system" that always asks permission to do this or that. Once I found out to turn it off, the game could be saved.

Just too bad that the developers didnt try their game on a Vista machine. Really incredible stupid!

Broch

Art Blade

thanks for answering your question, Broch  ;D

Indeed, that security system is too secure. It annoys you to no end so you start to ignore it and once you ignore it, it is useless.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice tip, Broch,

Sometimes we forget the simplest solutions, such as an OS problem.  I now recall similar problems because I use a limited account when online and when gaming.  Unfortunately, this causes some files/directories to be "off-limits".

Welcome to OWG  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳