DLC ATV

Started by spaceboy, April 01, 2009, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

A sample of fun with the DLC ATV, riding the dunes, doing some jumps, running over a merc...

I apologize for the low video quality, but at least the audio is fixed.

[smg id=9 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

spearhead_22

Wow! Looks like an awesome vehicle. Is it possible to fire your weapon while driving? By the way, loved the way you killed those enemy AI. Serves them right for being spoilsport!
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

spaceboy

Unfortunately, no shooting while driving - that would be cool.  You can look at your map though while driving...

PZ

Great job again spaceboy - why did you need to repair the vehicle? because of the jump?  Also, where do you find the ATVs - are they as plentiful as other vehicles?

JRD

I like the way you jump over a sand dune.... imagine the surprise of a distracted merc if you just show up like that!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

PZ - The ATV had already had a beating prior to the video (got it at the NE bus stop, got shot at on the way to the bus stop, etc). so therefore the repair.  They can take quite a bit and still w@&k well.  They are pretty plentiful I seem to get them quite a bit.

jrderntl, great idea.  I should try to land on a merc!

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it's great fun, and useful, I just posted a bunch of screens in the DLC weapons thread, prolly shoulda posted it here instead. Oh well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spearhead_22

Errr.....a few questions, when does the weapons become available after installing the Fortunes Pack? Do they automatically become available to you directly after installation of the FP or do you need to complete missions before they become available to you? And are the ATVs found only at certain locations like bus stations or safe houses or they are found elsewhere?

spaceboy

I installed in mid-game and they all appeared automatically.  The ATVs are found scattered like regular vehicles.  I guess mostly bus stations, but I've found at least 2 at/near guard posts.  It's always a nice surprise.

spearhead_22

Thanks for the info, spaceboy. Will let you know when I install the FP.

Dweller_Benthos

Actually, I haven't found a Datsun hatchback since I installed the FP, does the ATV just replace them? And, I only found one of the big trucks so far.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Speaking of big trucks, has anyone ever found the standard big truck (the convoy kind) any place other than in the convoys?  Someone on another forum claimed to have found one in Sefapane.

JRD

There is one in the Private property
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Completely forgot about that one - thanks for the reminder.  I sometimes like to drive the big trucks (love that diesel rattle)

spaceboy

There are still Datsun's, there's one in Leboa at the BS near the Oasis, the one at the Pala BS.  I haven't noticed a pattern for what it removed.  Also, there is a big truck at the Underground house around the corner from the same BS near the Oasis.  I drove it last night actually - it doesn't take to the dunes very well...

PZ

I found and drove the ATV at the northwest bus stop in Bowa - made it a point to find and run over one of the two mercs standing by their AT on the road toward the armory.  Predictably, the remaining merc got into the struck, started it, and promptly became stuck, ruining my fun!

A bit later, I tried going overland and the ATV has remarkable off-road handling capability.  In fact, I was able to get to the top of a rock that I couldn't climb on foot.  Plus the fact that you don't have any vehicle parts obstructing your view manes this a highly desirable vehicle.  Driving it, you can almost feel the wind blowing through your hair...

Art Blade

There is one more regular truck at North Railyard
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 03, 2009, 11:26:42 AMSpeaking of big trucks, has anyone ever found the standard big truck (the convoy kind) any place other than in the convoys?  Someone on another forum claimed to have found one in Sefapane.

Quote from: JRD on April 03, 2009, 12:02:03 PMThere is one in the Private property

There is one more regular truck at North Railyard (huge garage)

One at Petro Sahel (in the open)

One at the Well and Windmill Shop (Garage)

that is east of the Goka Falls mountain, to the west of the bus stop there is a road "into" the mountain with two small dots (houses)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

You can create some merc mayhem by grabbing one those trucks and driving until you get the attentions of the DD or the JD.  Drive fast and hit the brakes..hehe . They crash into you and stop.  If you practice backing up you can create a Demolishn Derby of types. This works really well near Petro Sahel or on fairly straight roads..Try it..you'll like it.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on June 01, 2009, 07:28:12 PM
You can create some merc mayhem by grabbing one those trucks and driving until you get the attentions

good idea... inspiring... here:

[smg id=683]
Battle Truck @ Fort

spaceboy

Sweet ride Art.  Now that's a tough truck (and you're a tough merc)  :-X

Art Blade

haha, cheers... pity I didn't make it over the wall... in the truck  ;D

PZ

Quote from: PZ on April 03, 2009, 11:26:42 AMSpeaking of big trucks, has anyone ever found the standard big truck (the convoy kind) any place other than in the convoys?  Someone on another forum claimed to have found one in Sefapane.

Quote from: JRD on April 03, 2009, 12:02:03 PMThere is one in the Private property

Quote from: Art Blade on June 01, 2009, 06:52:20 PM
There is one more regular truck at North Railyard (huge garage)

One at Petro Sahel (in the open)

One at the Well and Windmill Shop (Garage)

that is east of the Goka Falls mountain, to the west of the bus stop there is a road "into" the mountain with two small dots (houses)

Good finds - I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is one at the crash site during the subverted mission to get the fuse for the truck bomb on the rail road bridge.

PZ

Very interesting experience with the ATV this morning - the thing is like a goat - can go almost anywhere.  Was traveling off-road through a valley northwest of the Cattle X-ing and tried to climb a mountain with it - was kind of successful.  The ATV made it to a spot that I could not walk/jump to, but when I tried to exit the vehicle, I seemed to fall for a long distance into the lake below - hesitated there for a moment, and then fell beneath the FC2 map!  There I was, suspended in the Twilight Zone with nothing but gray below me, and the underneath of the trees, rocks, and water above (reminiscent of D_B's trainer experiments).  It was a cool effect, but I was stuck, therefore had to load the prior save.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 09:13:14 AMGood finds - I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is one at the crash site during the subverted mission to get the fuse for the truck bomb on the rail road bridge.

then there's one more, at the Rail Xing, on the bridge... only you'd have to shoot your buddy to prevent him from blowing the truck up  ;D

Quote from: PZ on June 02, 2009, 09:16:58 AMand then fell beneath the FC2 map!  There I was, suspended in the Twilight Zone with nothing but gray below me, and the underneath of the trees, rocks, and water above (reminiscent of D_B's trainer experiments).  It was a cool effect, but I was stuck, therefore had to load the prior save.

Happened to me too, recently. kind of funny to see the world from a bone yard point of view  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳