Not the funniest mission

Started by Art Blade, May 14, 2010, 12:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I just came out of a faction stronghold in Panau city (harbour) and had unmounted the local gatling gun. So I walked up the street with the UGG and blew up a gas station. I kept hearing the heat went up, but no police showed up. So I resorted to killing loads of civilians by destroying every car and bike that came across, and finally helos and govmen popped up like mushrooms after a rainfall  ;D

After that I took on a faction mission in the city when you have to disable four bombs around some drug facilities, the last one high up on a sky scraper. Took three attempts to get the job done, but well, I wouldn't call that bad Karma  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

That is probably my least favorite mission in the game -- trying to get past the guards and disarm the bombs with the clock ticking.

To make it, you just about have to execute everything perfectly.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Yeah, that bloody mission is timed.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I tried that mission some time ago and was not successful, so I left it and have not returned since.  There must be some way to make the mission easy - perhaps with my Rowlinson K22  ;D

Art Blade

I don't think you'd have got enough time to get in and out of your copter, let alone land it three or four times ;) All you can do is be as fast as possible, try not to collect anything on your way, just get the job done. You may be able to collect ammo and some such after the mission. :)

eor123

I don't know any way to get to the locations in time other than to grapple.

You have to pre-plan your route to minimize time on the ground and grapple shots. Getting from the third to the fourth bomb has always been the hardest for me. You have to go around or over that tall building between the bombs and time is  getting pretty short at that point, even if things have gone relatively well.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

lol, that describes pretty much what happened to me: First time I wasn't worried at all, until I ran out of time. Second time, I wasted time by being nervous hitting the right keys for the disarm sequence on bomb #3 and then I didn't know where that last bomb was, I thought it was on top of the next building which in fact was only an obstacle and the bomb was on a building behind that one... so goals for the last attempt were a) to be very quick, and b) to get around rather than over that building. I managed to disarm the last bomb with some time left even (not very much though). Indeed, not exactly the most entertaining mission  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳