Finished at last...but want more

Started by retiredgord, April 01, 2009, 07:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well I just finished the game and as some other posts have stated I to would like more. I will restart at some point but maybe with a few days off to do spring cleaning.
Some stats were 985 diamonds recovered, 30 of 33 Main missions,(not sure which ones missed),12 of 12 buddie, 36 of 40 side. I had purchased 13 weapons and the favorite loadout was the Dragaunov, Mac 10 and M-249. The had all been upgraded at some point. Walked 615k, drove 480 and swam 6, on Normal. I've enjoyed the game and will play again but will also keep dropping in to see what's happening.
Adminsistrators and contributors , you are doing a FANTASTIC job on the site.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

spaceboy

Good job.  Definitely go back and play more, we've enjoyed your contributions here. 

SPOILER ALERT***********

Did you replay both endings?  Which did you do first?  What were your thoughts?
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

retiredgord
One stat I missed... how many hours spent playing?
I finished my first go at about 50 hours of excellent gameplay...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

retiredgord

Ok on those stats... I played about 162:46 and98 game days. I know that's a lot of time but I like to take it somewhat slow.  I did most of the missions after 11 p.m and very seldom travelled by day.  I liked driving at night with the headlights off..lots of fun running a checkpoint and them having to chase me.  They had their lights on and it gave me an alignment for shooting..always the gunner first and then the driver.  I like to walk the shots up..from the groin to the head in short bursts.
As to the ending , it seemed typical.  The (hero) is to die.  Can't they just have him escape and lay low like Jack Bauer in 24.  All those diamonds..I could've customized my walker and had a Gold Medication container.  lol

Ricamundo

I was so disappointed when my first playthru ended, I immediately started another game. I had never done that before. 8)

Now well into play #3, and enjoying it a lot. Just did the main mish
Spoiler
where you are supposed to blow up a truck full od nitrous, but end up driving it to Sefapane (now that was a challenge) and letting your buddy blow it up in a garage.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

Quote from: Ricamundo on April 02, 2009, 05:49:43 AM
where you are supposed to blow up a truck full od nitrous, but end up driving it to Sefapane (now that was a challenge) and letting your buddy blow it up in a garage.

That one for me was less about getting the truck to Sefapane, but I had a helluva time getting that thing around town.  Got it stuck on a concrete sign post base, bumped into a merc that started an all out war...it took me like 3 tries just to figure out how to get it around town and into the garage lol.

PZ

Loved that mission because it was complex, and allowed you to use a vehicle in the perpetration of your crimes.

Start another game retiredgord (you know you can't resist)  I felt the same as Ricamundo when I finished the game for the first time.  Oh, try some of your missions in the daylight - the scenery is just amazing.  In fact, I'm now playing without changing the time of day at all just to enhance the realism - lots of fun I must say.

spaceboy

I think my longest nap was about 2 hours.  I was afraid of having a malaria attack in my sleep lol.  No really for some reason the sense of urgency I guess made me only take short naps...

Dweller_Benthos

I once set the timer to a long sleep instead of really short, ended up sleeping 12 hours. It doesn't effect the game any unless maybe if you have a buddy rescue mission you have to do. They seem to be the only ones that are timed, then rest you can leave going forever and sleep for hours on end if you want, they will still be there when you get up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Usually I go to a safehouse with a stealth kit on my crates and a loud kit in hands. If I want to try the stealth approach, I sleep till nightime and sneak my way, otherwise I go during daytime and blast my way through a mission ;)
Sometimes i just set the alarm for a few hours latter if I want to skip the rain or play at dusk for the beautifull light!

retiredgord

Well with all the advice and missions that has been written, I will indeed restart soon. I fell asleep the other nite with a vision of me driving my asault truck thru all kinds of scenes and just feeling REAL GOOD.
When restarting I'll do a lot more daytime and experiment more with the weaponry..silenced and IED's. Some of the daytime ones were good as the AI could see you better, but I was after as much as I could get. Greedy!!!
I won't be such a nice guy next time.  lol

Roaven

On my third playthrough, and trying to take it slow. Find all the diamonds, do all the missions, that sort of thing. The dart rifle is my best friend at this point.

PZ

I agree wholeheartedly Roaven,

The dart has been my friend through all of my plays through!

spaceboy

Last night I was cruising around with the shotgun, just the old school 12 gauge or whatever, but it was fun.

JRD

I'm really trying to change my loadout.
But I think once you adapt to the world, its harder to change your behavior!

And by the way, retiredgord, 162 hrs of gameplay on your 1st run is just great... you are one guy that really take your time.
I admire that!!!!!

Ricamundo

Quote from: spaceboy on April 02, 2009, 06:00:45 AM
Quote from: Ricamundo on April 02, 2009, 05:49:43 AM

That one for me was less about getting the truck to Sefapane, but I had a helluva time getting that thing around town.  Got it stuck on a concrete sign post base, bumped into a merc that started an all out war...it took me like 3 tries just to figure out how to get it around town and into the garage lol.

I wonder if you entered the town from a different direction. I remember crossing a bridge, going stright up a road that curved around to the left, and after a bit of maneuvering, I saw the garage doors opening up, and I was in. of course that was on the 2nd try, as i managed to beach the truck on a barrel the first time. :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

Nah, I came in the same way...I was just being stupid and couldn't find the right entrance to the garage area.

DKM2

I've been working on some user missions, I think its clever  8), so it might just be stupid  :-\, we'll see.   :D
Maybe next week I'll have part 1 finished for you guys.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

sounds great DKM2, looking forward to it.

retiredgord

jrderntl, thanks for the comment. I started gameplays with my son-in-law in Texas when down visiting and he is the gung-ho, shoot-em-up, blow-em-up, get-to-the end quickly kinda of player.  It was tough playing Halo co-op with him cuz he was always in front. He got the better cover and had to help me re-spawn a lot.  When on my own I tried to not get my buddies involved in rescues. The end game will be different now (evil laugh HAHAHA). I would like to see this game with co-op. My son-in-law is doing Resistance 2 right now but has said he is going to try FC2. I told him to let me know and I'll email the addy of this site. I wish they had one like this for Mercenaries 2. Gee, just thinking of FC2 is getting my trigger finger itchy.

JRD

DKM2.. what do you mean by "User missions"?

DKM2

Quote from: jrderntl on April 03, 2009, 08:00:41 AM
DKM2.. what do you mean by "User missions"?
meaning, something I made up.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Tags:
🡱 🡳