Life in the west

Started by spaceboy, March 20, 2010, 10:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

cool new "life in the West" trailer showing the different parts of the RDR world

[smg id=2111 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Nice find Space - you're sinking the hooks in all the more deeply on me  ;D

PZ

Excellent, spaceboy - reminiscent of an old Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.  I can't wait for this one to come out - becoming more excited with each tidbit of information.  :-X

spaceboy

Thanks guys, yeah I thought that was a good one.  I really like the explanations of the different areas and NPCs.  Even though JC2 is a big open world and comes out first, that one just seems more like crazy wild fun (which I'm very excited about mind you), but I think RDR will have a great story and "real" world to delve into as well.

PZ

I can relate to that - because my gaming skills are not that good, I like to have time to think about my next step so that I can at least enjoy the game without the frustrations.  For instance, I love AC2, but every time I enter one of the timed events, I can feel my anxiety level rising (and in my book, this is not what gaming should be about).

I'm really looking forward to this game.

Art Blade

PZ, I'm with you regarding timed events. Bloody hate 'em  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I'm with both of you - I hate race-against-time type stuff. I'm getting too old for that sort of s#!t ;D

JRD

Quote from: mmosu on March 15, 2010, 06:40:48 AM
OMG, it does!

[smg id=2080 align=center]

[smg id=2081 align=center]

"Jakob's - Old Time Quality Tennessee Firepower"

Wow... bumped into this topic whilst holding a dose of good'old Jack in my hands... amazing!!!  8)

As for the game... spaceboy found a great vid... it's a Rockstar game folks... they made the GTA series and, like it or not, you have to admit it, they know how to make a living world with tons of things to do and NPCs to interact with... the video show you hunting, gambling, drinking, defending your ranch... all of those features can relate to one or more GTA games...
It seems to be an excellent game! If you have the same freedom as you have in GTA, you will be able to free roam and even see your choices affect the story, but during some missions you'll be prompted to "take this, stand there, do that" kind of thing, which may sound a bit odd to open world game fans like us, but mostly, at least on GTA games, you can perform missions on a variety of ways and that's just plain fun.
Looking forward to this one as well!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Glad you found the humor in that one JRD  8)

KingRat

Quote from: fragger on March 21, 2010, 03:08:39 AM
I'm with both of you - I hate race-against-time type stuff. I'm getting too old for that sort of s#!t ;D

Add me to the list  ;D

As for RDR its been on my Amazon shopping list for awhile now  :-X

ninzza

Hello. I'm a huge fan of FC2 and very excited for RDR. Definitely will get this game day 1.

spaceboy

Hi ninzza, welcome to OWG.  Glad to hear another FC2 fan is looking forward to RDR.

I just saw this news - perhaps this interests you and others here;

Rockstar's just confirmed they'll be detailing Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer components during the week of April 5th. "We believe this game sets a new benchmark for open world multiplayer gaming and are very excited to be talking about it properly," said Rockstar on the mode.

Anyways, welcome again, and I see you are on PS3 - so am I, do you ever play any multiplayer games?

mmosu

Welcome to the forums ninzza.  If you're a FC2 fan, then you're in the right place.  I dare say you'll not find a more well versed group of experts on that game than right here! As I see space already beat me to the punch, I'll throw it out there that I'm a fellow PS3er as well. 

ninzza

Thank you for the warm welcome, spaceboy and mmosu.
@spaceboy: No, because I don't like playing online.

Art Blade

welcome to OWG, ninzza :)

Enjoy our site, you'll find an unbelievable lot of details on FC2 here and still you may add your stories and anecdotes :) Have fun with RDR and other games, then  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

Thanks Art Blade. Actually I visited this website many times in the past 2 years after I heard of it from PZ in a certain forum, I found a lot of useful, interesting posts, screenshots and tips here. I really this forum, since the members are mature, funny and friendly. I dont see any flame wars here like in other forums. To be honest, I visited many forums but so far this is the best.  :-X

Art Blade

Thanks for your kind words, mate :)

I think I read nearly every single post on this forum (apart from very few from the very beginning) and I confirm you won't find any flame war or that kind of stuff. All members may ask anything without having to worry about getting dissed, flamed, insulted, ignored, banned or anything of that fashion. The few who did got rolled in honey and thrown onto an anthill  ;D

PZ

I'd like to add my welcome, ninzza,

The regular posters at OWG realize that each person's opinion is valid, and all of us try to see things from the poster's point of view.  None of us are here to change anyone's  opinion, but rather to give another perspective so that others may reflect on another view.

I'm glad that you decided to post, and am looking forward to your opinions on whatever topic you choose to discuss.  :-X

fragger

Welcome, ninzza :) As you've obviously noticed already, you've come to a very good place :-X

Quote from: Art Blade on March 26, 2010, 04:04:41 PM
All members may ask anything without having to worry about getting dissed, flamed, insulted, ignored, banned or anything of that fashion. The few who did got rolled in honey and thrown onto an anthill  ;D

And that was too good for them :-*

Tags:
🡱 🡳