You know you're playing too much JC2 when...

Started by batdog, April 26, 2010, 02:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batdog

...you play a session of Battlefield BC2 and:

• Try to grapple to the roof of a building instead of climbing the stairs.
  • Try to hijack a passing tank.
  • Try to parachute from a jetski when approaching a riverbank at speed.
All these and more my hands have automatically tried to do whilst playing other games between sessions of JC2. It makes other games claustraphobic and pedestrian in comparison, even FC2 and the various iterations of GTA.  The only other game I can think of that had such freedom (although not on the same scale) is Crackdown.

spaceboy

:)  so true  - when playing some MAG this weekend I'm like "I have to RUN! that far!  can't I grapple there?"  and when deploying by parachute I wanted to release and free fall for a bit  ;D

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

lol, I can relate - the more I play JC2, the more I like it. The means of moving through the world are so numerous: grapple, sling shot, vehicle, extraction - so many ways that it is difficult to play a game that doesn't have these.  Another way to know you're playing too much is the same I experienced playing FC2 - planning new plays through while still in an existing game.  I put my play on hold to start a new game with the intent of discovering all of the settlements to use as the starting point for future plays through. 

I went into FC2 the other day, and while I still feel the thrill of being in Africa, and it remains on the top of my favorites list, it seems old generation in comparison to JC2.

eor123

Every time I see a cell tower, I start looking for a mini-gun with which to destroy it.

Fortunately for the local cell phone service providers and customers, I have not yet found a mini-gun lying about.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

lol, funny topic and I really like those replies  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

You know you are NOT playing JC2 when:

- You cannot read those topics about You know you are playing JC2 without a bitter taste on your mouth
  :(

I know I'm not playing Just Cause 2 at all.............  :'(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

We'll probably need to start a new group - "J. A.": JC2aholics Anonymous.

This reminds me of the times I pass the propane tanks at the local U-Haul dealer or gas station, and resist the urge to pull out a 6P9.

Art Blade

lol PZ ;D

JRD, it is not completely out of the question that you will ever play JC2. You need some time. And a rig your wife doesn't wreck ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2010, 01:02:18 PM
JRD, it is not completely out of the question that you will ever play JC2. You need some time. And a rig your wife doesn't wreck ;D

I say that JRD's best opportunity was when his wife said that his PC was smokin' - I can hear it now:

"Don't worry about it at all sweetie; I'll find a way to get us back up and running"

or

"Darn honey, I was going to wait another year before I upgraded"

JRD

With luck, I'll be playing JC2 and AC2 by Christmas  :(

Quote from: PZ on April 26, 2010, 01:19:39 PM
Quote from: Art Blade on April 26, 2010, 01:02:18 PM

I say that JRD's best opportunity was when his wife said that his PC was smokin' - I can hear it now:

"Don't worry about it at all sweetie; I'll find a way to get us back up and running"

or

"Darn honey, I was going to wait another year before I upgraded"

It was more like

WHAT?!?!?!?!

PZ

Art Blade

nah. It's still the same year that game was released  :)

JRD

Good news is: I`ll have a top notch rig to play any game to come for the next years (hopefully)  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳