LEGO games

Started by spaceboy, April 22, 2010, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Hey Red, I see you playing LEGO Star Wars - that game is so much fun, both are but I think the first one (second trilogy) was actually a bit more fun than the second one (original trilogy).  Other than Little Big Planet, the lego games have given the most fun local co-op play with my son.

We've also played LEGO batman, LEGO Indiana Jones, and we are anxiously awaiting LEGO Harry Potter next month!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Lego Star Wars was the main reason I got a Wii.
Both my son and myself are mainly PC gamers but with different tastes in games. I wanted something we could not only play together but have to w@&k together on too as oppose to just fighting or racing each other.

Star Wars was the answer, both like the films and lego so it was perfect :) , we got the complete saga version.  (even got some lightsaber attachments for the controllers that light up.)

Was not keen on the Indiana Jones game, not played Batman yet either, but waiting for Lego Universe to come out. Its PC only and an MMO too which is new territory for me, but its lego!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

no Lego game has come close to matching the Star Wars version and the main reason I think is that there are way more great characters in the Star Wars universe than Indiana Jones.  Batman comes close with good characters (but still have less personality than SW characters), and then the fighting was less fun than lightsabers as well.  SO, that leads us back to Harry - we have high hopes for this one...tons of great characters, magic to fight with,and this one will have online co-op as well as local.

spaceboy

and hey Red, it sounds like our sons are about the same age.

Other games he really likes are:
Little Big Planet (he's logged hundreds of hours over the last year and a half)  You can make your own levels, play community levels.  He likes playing online checking out the levels others have made

Fat Princess - a fun little downloadable game (cartoon like graphics) that has battle classes such as scouts, mages, warriors, etc. The objects are to 1) try to rescue your princess from the other team 2) capture outposts to spawn at 3) fight the enemies and 4) feed the captured princess lots of cake and make her fat so its harder for the other team to carry her back to their castle.

And soon, in addition to LEGO HP, we're picking up ModNation Racers (for both of us) it's a kart racer akin to Mario kart with powerups etc. with the added bonus of being able to customize your character, kart, AND make your own tracks, race online on others tracks etc. (similar to LBP with the Play, Create, Share idea).

The one game you MUST pick up though imo is LBP.  It is so fun to play together (you can have up to 4 players coop or online).  I've laughed so hard playing that game with my son and daughter I can't recommend it enough.

RedRaven

Going to get LBP soon, I do like the little sackboy thing ;D .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

RedRaven

Recently started playing Lego Star Wars III - the Clone Wars. Only played first few levels and all I can say so far is - FUNNY

Tags:
🡱 🡳