JC2-MP

Started by PZ, April 20, 2010, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This guy is testing cooperative JC2 multi-player.  This looks like the fun that FC2 could have been, but with a huge map.
[smg id=2218 type=av]

Art Blade

That could have very well been a vid recoreded while playing FUEL :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - driving kind of reminds me of Fuel, but a bit more dangerous  ;D

Art Blade

yes, and... at last we can SHOOT the ba$t@rd in front of us when he's driving too slow for our taste  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, it is hilarious to run over a motorcyclist that is driving too slowly, or some other citizen that is slow-poking along.  I wish there was a user horn though, when you stand on top of a vehicle while someone (citizen) is driving, they honk the horn and people pull off onto the shoulder.  It sure would be nice if Rico could do the same.

spaceboy

I'm pretty sure you can beep the horn,  probably L3 or R3 on the console (push down the stick)  I'll check tonight.

I would love to get in some JC2 MP, but my PC can't handle the game, plus I really don't NEED another "game" at this time. I'd view JC2 MP as a whole other game really.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

I know there is a horn, one player in one of those playthroughs I watched obviously found out by accident and ever since kept honking LOL

Seen/heard him use it with a firetruck, police cars, regular cars... they all have different horns :)

PZ

Cool!  I'll look for it in the PC manual  :-X

EDIT: I found a reference online because nothing was mentioned in the manual - the default is "Q" on the PC and the left stick on the console - going to give it a try right now  :)

SECOND EDIT: I tried and was successful honking the horn on both platforms, but in neither did the people pull over - made me feel like I was in an old Alfred Hitchcock episode called "Road Hog"

PZ

Here's the second sync test for what appears to be a developing MP mod for the PC
[smg id=2241 type=av]

Art Blade

wowoWOW! That flying bit with those jumbos looked majestic  :-X Nice!

PZ

I don't know what is planned, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to do cooperative missions, or just even drive/fly around causing chaos  :-X

Art Blade

absolutely :) To coordinate movements, talking is a good idea. I don't know, but I don't think the game sports any team radio (headset) feature, does it? If not, MP then needs a third party application (which I dislike)

PZ

I don't know, but I doubt it unless the developers had MP planned.  You're correct though, without voice communications you might easily become lost  ;D

JRD

Got motion sick watching that video.....  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

No wonder, that guy used to flick his mouse in a way that it started to annoy even me (and I have never experienced motion sickness). Well, JRD, never use fullscreen or a beamer with stuff like that, if you want to keep your lunch :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 22, 2010, 02:30:14 PM
... flick his mouse in a way that it started to annoy even me ...

Indeed - reminded me of the flight pattern of a yellow jacket, a form of exceedingly annoying wasp in our area.

Tags:
🡱 🡳