Mod index

Started by PZ, April 18, 2010, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here are a few mods that look interesting on the JC2 mod site:
*Note: because of the heavy usage, the site periodically experiences problems.

First person driving view for land vehicles update 2.1, link corrected / Art
High definition cloud improvements

PZ

One creative JC2 aficionado created what he thinks is a mimic of the FC2 "mercenaries" (more like the buddies) as a skin for Rico
[smg id=2255]

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Multi-Target Rocket Launcher - no DLC required

EDIT: the mod author increased the number of simultaneous targets to 20

This one looks cool - turns the regular rocket launcher into a targeting system like the new DLC has but the new DLC is not required!

Versions for the xBox and PC are available.

I think that I'll try it just so I can get a cheaper multi-lock launcher - the one from the DLC is $50,000!

Modded rocket launcher

PZ

DLC Thruster - Unlimited Burn Time/Fuel

EDIT: the mod author created a player.bin option that allows you to use the thruster chute as the default chute in the game - no more purchasing if you wish it to be so.

Although posted in the videos, I wanted to add this mod to the index - This is a fantastic mod that reduces the need to fly aircraft (unless you want to).  It gives an entirely new dimension to travel around Panau

Thruster mod
Edit: ^ link above doesn't seem to w@&k (anymore) so here's the actual one (2014)
http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/func-startdown/338/

A neat aside, the author of the mod (Fox on www.justcause2mods.com) saw my short video capture and liked it enough to use it in his mod post; I just added it this morning and have 108 views so far  :-X
[smg id=2263 type=av]

Art Blade

that is awesome, PZ :) Well done and congrats, matey  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, Art - it looks like the admin of justcause2mods put the video on his main page - now 888 views  ;D

Art Blade

great  :) :-X You'll be famous  ;D

PZ

Nah, not me - just the video  ;D

Not too bad though, for a short rather cheesy video.

PZ

Bolo Patch

This is a program that works like a trainer - full health, unlimited ammo, unbreakable wire, multiple wires.

Download page

Art Blade

PZ, you mentioned a black market mod, which one did you use?

PZ

Although I can't recall the exact name, I used the one that is advertised as the most complete black market mod.  All vehicles, weapons, etc.

One caution though, one of the mods I'm using prevents me from panning the map when I'm in the extraction mode.  It's not that big a deal because I can zoom properly, but it is a small factor nonetheless.

Art Blade

Thanks. So far, I managed without any mod/DLC just nicely, but I do like the BOLOmod (kind of a trainer).

PZ

I love the BOLO mod - especially the multiple/strong wires  :-X

Art Blade

I use the grapple too much to move/climb, which you cannot use when choosing multiple wires. Plus, multiple wires stay attached... creating a weird cobweb across the area... but the strong wire became essential for most of the stuff I enjoy doing, especially nailing choppers and jeeps to the ground  ;D

PZ

I had a good laugh using the grapple while I was stunt riding on a vehicle one of my Reaper friends was driving.  As soon as the govmen vehicles approached - strong wire them to another vehicle, the ground, etc. - great fun watching their vehicle spin like a top.  ;D

Art Blade

I just installed the noCAC mod.

QuoteDescription:    NoCAC = No Camera Auto Centering

This mod disables the auto centering of the camera for boats, cars, motorcycles and planes in Just Cause 2.

Installation instructions:

1. Make a folder in \Steam\SteamApps\common\just cause 2\ and call it Dropzone

2. Unzip the file in the Dropzone folder

3. Start game. Enjoy.

Art Blade

Tested the noCAC with cars. What it does is keep the camera position you chose and after turning around your vehicle, it will resume your camera position.

Example: I chose an angle which gave me a farther view (higher above the car) then I turned a corner. The camera followed the movement of the car and settled again on the high position I previously assigned it to. Now I can keep an angle and observe the environment when parked or whenever I like to use a different angle :)

Art Blade

Works nicely with planes, too. Choppers of course can't make use of it since you steer them with the same movements you'd controll the camera with.

Art Blade

Having played several hours using that mod, I can't imagine to play without it. Apart from any reason you might have to use a freely adjustable camera view, there are two points I think are worth mentioning.

1) Pro: When you drive a vehicle with a rather high turret (those yellow facmen buggies) you can now look over it rather than having to guess where you go.

2) Con: When racing (no matter if during free roam or challenge) it may be a little distracting having to cope with a camera that actually always points or tries to point in the same direction you assigned it to. The default camera would follow your view when you (perhaps accidently) do a powerslide 180° turn and you'd be looking in the new direction. It so happened to me that I did that with the mod on, and I was looking at the rear side of my car. Hence I needed to re-adjust the view. Also, there is no auto-centring any more that we were so used to. That and other events make you quite constantly re-adjust your view, but hell, it's still worlds apart from what it used to be, the freedom you've got with it is worth those little adjustments :)

deadman1

How the heck do I install these mods, I can´t find the JC2 folder under Steam.

Art Blade

Hmm, it worked fine like this:

"Make a folder in \Steam\SteamApps\common\just cause 2\ and call it Dropzone"

If you still can't find it, you're probably generally looking in the wrong user profile of windows. Check if it is a public or "deadman's" user folder. I'm sure you'll find it :)

deadman1

Thanks Art, I thought it would be in the "steamapps" folder like all the rest of the games I have on steam.

Art Blade

Very welcome, sir  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳