Now that the game is finished - what now?

Started by PZ, April 14, 2010, 08:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I spent the morning flying around Palau seeing the sights and discovering new settlements.

Starting out at one of the strongholds, I extracted to the nearest military airport and stole a military jet - man these things are fast.  After crashing a few times due to stupidity, I managed to learn how to fly the thing reasonably well.  It took only an hour and a half to discover all of the settlements in the southeast quadrant of the map.

When flying, your overview of the map is excellent - I'd recommend hopping in the nearest jet and take s spin around the neighborhood - you'll see favorite areas for sure.  I discovered all the major areas that some of the missions had taken me to - the desert area (the sandstone looked beautiful as the sun was setting); the mountainous area with all the snow (the big island) had many military installations up high.

I also ran across the 3 Kings hotel towers - was nice to see them again under less hostile circumstances.

In the southeast area is a relatively large island that has steep mountains and what seems like a dozen military installations of various kinds.

The fun part is that unless you buzz an area, you can fly unmolested and even if someone launches a SAM, it is too slow to catch you.  The views are beautiful, and I flew from dawn through the night - what I saw was even better than the breathtaking views in FC2.

In fact, if Far Cry 3 comes out, I hope that it is structured similar to JC2.  :-X

spaceboy

I think you skipped some faction missions right PZ?  Have you been to the "Lost" island in the Northwest with the 100 year old Japanese soldiers?  A faction mission brought me there.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on April 14, 2010, 09:02:34 AM
I think you skipped some faction missions right PZ?  Have you been to the "Lost" island in the Northwest with the 100 year old Japanese soldiers?  A faction mission brought me there.

My goodness, I skipped probably most of the faction missions, so now I get to enjoy them.

Yes, I did do the Japanese mission - that's the one where you drive the truck full of cargo to the beach?  That particular mission was the one that tipped the scale for me from FC2 being my favorite to JC2 having that status.  However, I've not been back there yet mostly because I lost track of where in the world it was.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳