How To Mate Vehicles

Started by eor123, April 13, 2010, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

This happened to me once while playing on the Xbox and just occurred again on the PS3 so I believe it is repeatable across platforms.

Take the car from the bus station at Pala to Mike's Bar. Make note of where the car is parked at the station.

Take the AT from Mike's Bar back to the Pala bus station and park it as close to the original location of the car as possible.

The two times I have observed this phenomenon, I have been on Flora's mission to destroy the convoy that passes close to the SE bus station. I usually save the game at the SE bus station, walk out of the station, wait a couple of minutes, blast the convoy with an M79 and quickly return to Pala on the bus. I am assuming a quick round trip is the key to this working.

When you return to the bus station in Pala, you may see something like this.

[smg id=2208]

[smg id=2209]

Hopefully you saved your game when you arrived in Pala because if  you approach or touch one of these vehicles while they are "mating" they will fly apart with enough violence to kill you.

The first time I experienced this, the front of the car was visible in the front seat of the AT. As I approached, both flew into the air and landed apart from each other, making a terrific noise -- similar to an explosion, but with no fire. The second time as I tried to get into the car, I was killed by the force of them flying apart.

You can safely "disconnect" them by shooting at them. And oddly enough, doing so didn't raise any alarms with the Mercs in Pala and didn't result in the "Escape The Cease Fire Zone" prompt.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

mandru

Nice discovery eor.  :-X

You should be able to shoot one of the vehicles from a safe distance and that will also cause them to spring apart without the risk of life and limb.

I have a file in the download section for PC (sorry console players  :() that's a GLAT overlapping a 50Cal AT that I love jumping into and taking the space ride that results from them flinging away from each other.  It's a real "E Ticket" ride!  ;D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on April 13, 2010, 09:26:34 PMThis happened to me once while playing on the Xbox and just occurred again on the PS3 so I believe it is repeatable across platforms.

Take the car from the bus station at Pala to Mike's Bar. Make note of where the car is parked at the station.

Take the AT from Mike's Bar back to the Pala bus station and park it as close to the original location of the car as possible.

I spent a lot of time investigating vehicle "behaviour" and tested a lot, too. What you describe matches the principles of what I found out:

When you change cars, like from the car of the bus stop to the AT at Mike's, the bus stop car will respawn. Obviously the proximity of Mike's bar to Pala's bus stop prevents the car from spawning, apparently both are part of the same area (as in area-respawning). So when you leave your new car (AT) in the spot where the other car is going to spawn (bus stop) once you left the area, the game merges both.

So that should w@&k both ways, and anywhere under similar conditions.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I once accidentally parked my AT in the spot where the BB's plane crashes when blowing up the pumps at the greenhouse and it had the same results.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I just had to test that myself, Eeyore  ;D

So I drove from Bowa to Leboa using that yellow jalopy for fun. Parked it next to the bus stop, drove the red datsun away a bit, parked my ride where you can see it, and destroyed the red car. Had some fun with a merc war (mainly because I wanted to leave the Pala area for the respawn to take place) and returned. Nice :)

[smg id=2210 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

by the way, you made it into our (funny) Tactics and Tips topic  :) :-X

fragger

Cool discovery, Eyeore :-X

Reminds me - a couple of times I've had this experience at the safehouse just north of the Pipeline. I'll complete a mission and get the vehicle upgrade message, then when I go to the aforementioned safehouse immediately afterwards, a vehicle of the previous type will still be there - until I get in it. Then there's a crash, my guy goes "Unngh", I lose some health, and a newly-minted uprgaded vehicle will appear, bouncing away from the AT I'm in. In other words the new vehicle doesn't seem to spawn until I get into the existing AT.

I've only ever had this happen at that particular safehouse, for some reason, and I think it's only when I get the GLAT upgrade, late in the game.

deadman1

Quote from: fragger on April 15, 2010, 07:40:08 PM
Cool discovery, Eyeore :-X

Reminds me - a couple of times I've had this experience at the safehouse just north of the Pipeline. I'll complete a mission and get the vehicle upgrade message, then when I go to the aforementioned safehouse immediately afterwards, a vehicle of the previous type will still be there - until I get in it. Then there's a crash, my guy goes "Unngh", I lose some health, and a newly-minted uprgaded vehicle will appear, bouncing away from the AT I'm in. In other words the new vehicle doesn't seem to spawn until I get into the existing AT.

I've only ever had this happen at that particular safehouse, for some reason, and I think it's only when I get the GLAT upgrade, late in the game.

You mean like this?  ;)

[smg id=814]

fragger

;D Yep, that's the one - only the GLAT didn't appear until I was already in the other AT.

Tags:
🡱 🡳