I finished the main missions - SPOILERS

Started by PZ, April 13, 2010, 09:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, I finished the main missions at 25% by killing the President "Baby Panau".

**Detailed SPOILERS regarding the Agency mission that ends the game**

The first part is where you need to take out 3 huge anti-aircraft guns - this part is relatively easy with the C-4.  I kept to the rooftops and planted the charges right on the guns - I used 3 charges per gun just to be safe.

The next part takes you into Baby Panau's headquarters, a huge glass domed structure with a bridge spanning the center, and several levels with buildings and other hiding structures.  The quiet makes you feel uneasy as you w@&k your way to the destination on the far side of the dome - then you meet Baby Panau and have a short conversation when Blaine (the drunkard you rescued at the beginning of the game) rushes in with a grenade and plans to kill himself and Baby Panau because he killed Jade (his girlfriend, or so he thought) - you see the pin released and barely escape before the explosion and resulting collapse of his building (not the dome, just this house within the dome).  The govmen then came alive - a helicopter with missiles and minigun was the first to attack - you can't hijack this one!  My solution was to run around dodging bullets/missiles until the copter crashed - I don't know if it was an accident or programmed into the game.  Your next task is to get into the bottom of the somewhat spherical dome-shaped building and activate the self-destruct codes - not too difficult if you run and gun  ;D

Once activated, you have 30 seconds to find a way out of there - turns out that there is a narrow passage that you need to grapple your way through - you have barely enough time.

You then discover that the foreign interest in Panau stems from it's large oil resources - the largest deposits in the world. From there, your next task is to take a copter and investigate the oil fields - turns out that there is a nuclear submarine with 4-6 SAMs on the deck, plus 3 copters patrolling from above - what a challenge to get through!

After you dispose of the SAMs, govmen on the deck, and the copters, you then break the code to enter the sub where you find Baby Panau alive with a rapid-fire RPG! Assisting him are two mounted automated machine guns plus a host of ninja.  His RPG rapid fires 4-5 rounds - nearly impossible to escape death.  However, from a corner of the room I was able to get his rockets to hit an object between us and I finally managed to subdue him.  You have another conversation with him, but he has a trigger with him that controls 3 nuclear warhead-tipped rockets, one aimed at each: China, Japan, Russia, and of course, the US of A.  Baby Panau rushes to the deck of the sub and catches a ride on one of the rockets as it takes off and you grapple another.  Now the 4 missiles are airborne and your job is to enter the destruct codes before Panau shoots you off the rocket - jumping from one to the other to dodge bullets, you finally manage to enter the codes and jump to the last missile with Panau - you enter  a target change, hop off and Baby Panau screams to his nuclear death.

The ending cut scene is at a BBQ with the Agency people telling you what trouble you're in with the governments because you targeted the oil fields and now they're useless - of course you laugh it off.

Finally, you get a prompt that allows you to enter mercenary mode after the credits roll. 

In summary, the playing through the end was loads of fun, doesn't let you down, and furthers my thought that this is a great game.  In fact, I can honestly say that I like it even more than FC2 (never thought I would ever say that).  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Art Blade

thanks for the detailed description, what an adventure :) Now all you've got to do is another 75% of the world...  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, it was memorable!  I hate to say it, but even though I dearly love FC2, I was somewhat disappointed by how the ending fell flat for me.  I still relive the adventures of the ending in JC2 in my mind, and it makes me eager to get back into Panau and start exploring anew.  :)

Art Blade

*sigh* I'm still patiently awaiting my copy to arrive. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

sorry PZ, I am avoiding this topic, I'll read it in a few weeks when I finish the game lol
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I figured you would space, that's why I put the big red bold spoiler message - would not want to ruin the surprise for anyone.  me on the other hand, I like as much advanced information as possible so I can be prepared for what I have to go through.  It is a shame really, for someone to like gaming but not be very good at it.  ;D

@Art - how long before you get your copy?

Art Blade

I know space is avoiding this topic because he's never posted a thing here  ;)

PZ, I don't know for sure, but I talked to that friend of mine last monday, so he'll have to see his vendor and place an order (which he probably already did), then perhaps a week until it arrives... I'd say ETA next Monday/Tuesday.

PZ

I can't wait - I'm excited for you to get the game and then to read your opinions.  I hope you end up liking it as much as I do  ;)

JRD

Oh Art will have a huge laboratory to run his experiments this time... I foresee a loooooooong list of experiences from him  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Hehe, I always loved to experiment in games  ;D I'll do what I usually do, then  ;)

By the way, I asked the guy today; he'll be able to order it by the end of this week, so I'll get it some time next week/end of next week. I can wait :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳