Seeing the sights

Started by batdog, April 11, 2010, 03:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batdog

I decided to spend most of the weekend "discovering" settlements.  I fully upgraded the Agency helicopter and jet plane and then island by island flew low enough over all the undiscovered settlements to convert them to "discovered" on the map.

It was great fun buzzing some of the military sites with the plane as by the time they'd spotted me I was long gone.  However, using it at night was less successful as on several occasions I misjudged the height of the trees or collided with radio masts.  The helicopter was easier at night but unfortunately couldn't outrun the government attack helos.

Experiencing the full day/night cycle across most of the landscapes that Panau has to offer was amazing.  There are some stunning views but also some intriguing structures and buildings.  Check out the circular structure on the bottom right hand corner of the map. Also look out for the fully working ski lifts and cable cars up in the snowy mountains.

Frustratingly I've discovered 367 of 368 settlements. I'm talking discovered rather than completed here - completion will take me weeks or months!  But I can't find the final settlement.  I've filtered the map down to undiscovered settlements but nothing shows up.  Maybe it'll appear as part of a stronghold mission. Maybe I'll just come across it by chance - but that's unlikely in a game this size.

Art Blade

sounds like a nice adventure, unlocking the map like that :) The last location might be something secret, either underground / deep sea, or needs unlocking in the process of a mission. Else it should have shown up on the map, don't you think?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's an excellent idea batdog - thanks for posting.  Your method is particularly useful because the black market dealer extractions can only be done to places that you've previously discovered, which means that you can now extract anywhere.  Nicely done  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳