FC2 techniques expanded...

Started by PZ, April 11, 2010, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm sure you all know how to load an FC2 vehicle with IEDs and race toward a GP, bail out and let the truck roll into the area to detonate.  I recall at least one video of JRD's where he demonstrated the technique.

Because if the truck IED video that spaceboy posted, I just started a similar technique in JC2, however because the enemy are not always out to gun you down, it is even more fun.  Here's what I did: in some of the towns you'll encounter an abrasively loud propaganda trailer that you're supposed to get rid of, but it is always guarded by govmen.  Formerly when doing these trailers, I ran in gunning Rambo style, which gets the job done, but is kind of crude.  This morning I stuck C-4 (the JC2 equivalent of IED) to a car I stole from a citizen and slowly drove into town and parked the car next to the propaganda trailer.  Then walking away to a safe distance, I detonated, which started a fight in town between some faction guys and the govmen.  Although the town was on alert, they had not seen me yet, and I was able to enjoy the fireworks.

Using some of these different ways of getting the job done sure are fun.

Man, I like this game  :-X

spaceboy

nice one PZ.

It's funny you mention they're not always out to kill you.  Although I was never too upset by the FC2 merc guard posts always out to kill you.  (It was just part of the game to me) - I recall a lot of gamers annoyed by the constant alert status except cease fire zones.   However, I can't tell you how much I enjoy this in JC2!  Being able to drive down roads and enjoy a cruise or go through the cities without always getting shot at is so nice.  Even once on alert, I find it quite easy to escape the HEAT and get back to "anonymous" status.

Plus, you get the added benefit of faction friendly "mercs".  It really changes the whole feeling to the game.  I took off in truck with a faction guy and we ended up getting chased a bit.  My offroad driving resulted in a few crashes where the merc fell out of the gunner position.  He was one tough ba$t@rd though and he'd get back up and into the gun.  It was really cool having him along.  Finally though we really crashed and I couldn't find him.  I assume he died and then the body disappeared.  Oh well, they always spawn back lol.  But again, you can really create as deep a story (or mini stories as you play) as much as you want.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

They seem to have searched for some complaints about games like FC2 to design this game...  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on April 11, 2010, 10:43:24 AM
...Plus, you get the added benefit of faction friendly "mercs".  It really changes the whole feeling to the game...  But again, you can really create as deep a story (or mini stories as you play) as much as you want.

Thanks, space - Along the lines of your story, I was fighting in an area and friendly faction guys raced in and said "we got your back, Scorpio!" and they started blazing at the govmen.

Another adventure I had this morning starting from a stronghold - I hopped into a faction truck at the gate and the gunner was ready for action, which we ran into a kilometer or so down the road.  The gunner said "we'd better get some backup!" and I turned the rig around and raced back toward the stronghold.  Interestingly, another gunner/truck had already spawned (there are typically two) and now all three gunners mowed down the poor unsuspecting govmen.  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 11, 2010, 11:54:59 AM
They seem to have searched for some complaints about games like FC2 to design this game...  ;)

Funny, I nearly had the same thought when PZ mentioned the mod site. How much we wanted this and that for FC2, and JC2's devs must have read the Nike slogan, they just did it  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I did a small video capture on the PC last night - topic: get rid of a propaganda trailer (approximately 13 seconds long).

After stealing a Panuan's car and planting C4 on it, I slowly drove it into town carefully observing the rules of the road and carefully parked it next to the propaganda trailer.  Then moving to a safe distance, had fun watching the trailer detonate, and the govman flying off to the left.

I've done this several times now, under different circumstances, and in different areas - I could spend hours thinking of the various things to detonate.  For instance, in areas where you find these propaganda trailers, there are often govmen patrol vehicles parked monitoring the traffic.  While the govmen will see you flinging C4 at them, they won't notice you parking a C4-laden vehicle nest to them.  My next plan is to park a car bomb next to everything hostile in town and then simultaneously detonate.  As demonstrated in the C4 video that spaceboy posted, there does not seem to be a practical limit to the number of C4 packets you can plant.
[smg id=2207 type=av]

A larger version is in the JC2 PC video section of the wiki

Dweller_Benthos

I think this is one thing they missed big time in FC2 - making friends other than your buddies, or even buying someone's loyalty, or my previous idea of getting forged travel papers to let you drive around unharmed. Until you open fire on someone that is, but that would all be cool in FC2.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Sure would have been cool.

Also having civilians roaming Leboa and Bowa would have truly brought the FC2 world alive - that is one thing that I really like about JC2 - it's living nature.  By comparison, FC2 is a rather sterile, lonely place.

spaceboy

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 13, 2010, 12:46:59 PM
I think this is one thing they missed big time in FC2 - making friends other than your buddies, or even buying someone's loyalty, or my previous idea of getting forged travel papers to let you drive around unharmed. Until you open fire on someone that is, but that would all be cool in FC2.....

I love the forged papers idea.   and to PZ - yes civilian people and traffic in FC2 would have been very welcome.  Well, we had animal traffic  :P

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on April 13, 2010, 01:09:48 PM
Well, we had animal traffic  :P

you're lucky we know you well, space, that remark of yours might have got you into all kinds of unpleasant situations elsewere on the net  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

lol Art  :-\  is there anything wrong with trafficking endangered animals? hey, remember I was one of the ones that swerved to avoid those digital zebras!

PZ

haha, you guys are funny!  :-X

Art Blade

;D

Space, nothing wrong with trafficking endangered animals, at least if you don't overdo it. Like, just pack and ship furrs and tusks... but leave the rest to support endangered species such as hyaenas and vultures.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳