FC2 on PS3 Question: Motion Detector Sensor?

Started by eor123, April 10, 2010, 07:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

In the game options, a motion detection sensor is listed.

Don't recall that being an option on the Xbox.

Anyone know what  that is or what it does in FC2? 

Did some searching and didn't see any mention of it.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

I'm guessing here, but maybe the feature that allows you to move the controller to affect the motion of the player/vehicle on screen?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

If the PS3s have the motion sensors (tilt, angle and so on) built into the hand held controller the way the Wii does it's possible that it ties into that.  Not sure, just guessing.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

eor123

Quote from: mandru on April 10, 2010, 10:04:07 AM
If the PS3 have the motion sensors (tilt, angle and so on) built into the hand held controller the way the Wii does it's possible that it ties into that.  Not sure, just guessing.

From what I could find, I think that is it.

With it showing up in the FC2 options menu makes me wonder if it works.

Guess I'll experiment some.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

I tried it some time ago and it actually works quite well, especially for the driving part.  You can hold your controller like a steering wheel and when you tilt it right/left as if you are turning a wheel, the car responds with the same directional motion.  It is kind of cool and allows more precise driving, which is way better on the console versus PC by the way.

Art Blade

PZ, now I read your previous post differently, I see :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I tried and it works on the vehicles.

Cool.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 10, 2010, 11:35:34 AM
PZ, now I read your previous post differently, I see :)

Actually, I can understand completely because I agree with your first assessment "detection" didn't sound quite right - I am aware of the controller's motion system, but did not remember it as motion "detection" in the menu, so I was just "guessing" because I don't remember seeing anything else related to "motion" in the PS3 controller menus.

In any case, I'm glad eor123 has it sorted  :-X

eor123

It's called "motion sensor function," not "detection."

My bad.

And I think it is on by default -- which explains some hang glider control "issues" I had early in the game.

When it is on and you are steering using conventional controls, things get a bit strange. 

Art Blade

thanks for clarifying  :)

I think I'd have been close to throwing that controller at my screen if I had had strange issues like those you're mentioning... lol  ;D

mir24

Heheh. You guys got me going there! For a moment, I was sh***ing myself thinking, "The PS3 players get a MOTION DETECTOR?! You lucky b****ers!!!"

Then I read through the thread and realised that it's the controller that "detects" the player's "motions"...

Meh!  :P

Tags:
🡱 🡳