OWG anniversary

Started by PZ, April 08, 2010, 10:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well fellow OWG'ers, April 14th marks the first year anniversary of our existence on the new hosting platform, with our new name "openworldgames.org".

spaceboy

cheers PZ!   what a fun year it's been.   :-X

Lots of fun gaming and good discussions here with you guys.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

It sure has been - from our humble beginnings intending to serve only as a FC2 map resource, we've come a long way with the addition of forums, interests in other games, and even the varied conversations in the Off topic board.  I must admit that I probably spend too much time on the site, but it sure is fun to converse with you fellows.  :-X

JRD

Who's bringing the cake? I want a piece!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's been a great year for us all... many more to come!

LONG LIVE OWG!!!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Yeah, I remember the ".22web.net" addy... and moving to the current one.

TO OUR ADMIN PZ WHO MAKES ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE!!!  ;D :-X :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 08, 2010, 11:17:02 AM
TO OUR ADMIN PZ WHO MAKES ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE!!!  ;D :-X :-X

HIP, HIP, HURRAY
HIP, HIP, HURRAY
HIP, HIP, HURRAY
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

thanks for typing that, JRD. I was too tired to do it  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You guys are way too kind  :-[  ;)

Besides, nothing like this is possible without all of us working on it!  :-X

RedRaven

Time is passing faster and faster, cant believe its been a year already !

Here is to another good year ( or should that be bridgestone ?  I forget)

;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Quote from: RedRaven on April 08, 2010, 01:37:01 PMgood year ( or should that be bridgestone ?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X

GPFontaine

PZ gets come karma from me today!

fragger

Happy Anniversary OWG, hope it's the first of many :) :) :)

Here's to the mods for keeping us cantankerous old duffers in line :-X

And here's to PZ's inspired Adminship. Here, mate - have some karma from me, too :) :-X

Pass me a slice of that cake - cheers. Raise glasses (clink). Now, all together:

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow...

PZ

Thanks very much, fellows - you certainly bring a smile to my face today - oh, and it's FRIDAY!

Art Blade

Today is my anniversary. One year ago I finally gave up loitering as "guest" and registered with this site and I remember I was rather reluctant to post my first screenshot, but JRD "made me" do it... and boy, I'd never have thought I'd actually post more than a couple of comments. Let alone I'd ever wanted to be a moderator again, but PZ "made me" reconsider. All in all, it has been a wonderful time with you guys and I don't regret my decisions. This site is more than just a gaming site to me  :-X

PZ

I'm glad that you decided to plunge in to the moderation end of things again, Art.  I agree, OWG is a special place, made that way by the core membership.

It sill amazes me that mature gamers have somehow managed to gravitate to the site.  Some come and go, but the core membership keeps us alive and kicking!  :-X

spaceboy

cheers to that guys  :-X  I'll second PZ's comment regarding your membership and participation Art.  You are a true asset to the site.  I even still recall your very first avatar (Bruce Willis).  I imagine you just needed to pick something from the given list.  Once you could upload your own I believe it changed to a grenade if I'm not mistaken...after that i lost track lol  :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

Oh no, not the recurring red warning line again... ;D

Quote from: Art Blade on April 11, 2010, 06:50:07 PM
Today is my anniversary.

Cheers to you, Art :) :-X I too am glad you threw your lot in with OWG ;D The site wouldn't be the same without you :)

I also agree that OWG is a unique site, made so by the maturity and attitude of it's members. There's nothing else quite like it on the net, as far as I've seen. Which isn't really a lot, but if what I have seen is anything to go by, I think it's an accurate statement to make.

Long live OWG :-X :-X :-X

Quote from: spaceboy on April 11, 2010, 07:07:13 PM
cheers to that guys  :-X  I'll second PZ's comment regarding your membership and participation Art.  You are a true asset to the site.  I even still recall your very first avatar (Bruce Willis).  I imagine you just needed to pick something from the given list.  Once you could upload your own I believe it changed to a grenade if I'm not mistaken...after that i lost track lol  :)

Rats... I thought I was the first grenade-avatar type guy...

Art Blade

thanks guys  :)

I almost forgot about Bruce which was indeed one of a list, and indeed the hand grenade was my next avatar. By then I used to have the line "Hand Grenade Expert" where you can now read "Open World" because I have always been very fond of hand grenades in any game.

OWG is special, from what I've encountered over more than 12 years on the net there has never been anything like it. I was a moderator and game server admin long ago, but it was never anything like this place :) This site, OWG, is still the only place I voluntarily registered with, other sites just required me to do so in order to play a game (UBI) or download mods (FO3 nexus). OWG still is the only site I have contributed to since I joined here ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳