Funny moments

Started by PZ, April 06, 2010, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hehe, I've experienced that too, govmen stealing one's ride :) There is another reason why I park my vehicles a bit away: so they won't get shot or blown up in the process of a little govmen hunt, especially when they send in their own choppers :)

Oh, I watched faction members steal and use govmen vehicles, too  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - while it obviously did not w@&k in my favor that time, I appreciated the ability of the govmen to improvise given the circumstances.  :-X

Art Blade

That is truly nice. Govmen and erm Facmen? (faction men/members, lol) both use what is at hand, even if it is just some small motorcycle  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 06, 2010, 12:02:38 PM
... Facmen? (faction men/members, lol) both use what is at hand, even if it is just some small motorcycle  ;D

Good call - perfect name  :-X :-X

Art Blade

I thought it sounded a little bit too much like pac man, but hey. ;D

Another funny moment: Riding on faction A's car, we happened upon some govmen, and faction B sent a car over, too. I snuck away and let the three parties finish themselves off  ;D

Art Blade

Oh, another one (almost forgot). I was piloting a military jet and flew across some mountains. When I saw the sea, I thought I'd go down a bit for a better view and BANG I got chucked out of my burning wreck mid-air and fell down towards the sea... along with the burning wreck of a small civilian jet I had just collided with. Gah...  ;D

Art Blade

I was testing one of the black market dealer's agency cars. I was on a long bridge, more the kind of a highway, and was blowing up two govmen bikes behind me with my mounted rocket launcher when a govman jeep joined in, along with a facman vehicle. I lost control over my car which had been damaged badly already over the past 20 minutes or so, and I careened over the side of the bridge. Not wanting to die from a faceplant accident in a car, I bailed out with my chute. My car exploded on hitting the ground and I grappled back to the bridge. The govman's car and the facman's car were gone, no one to be seen, yet I could hear them shout "You gonna die" etc. I was a little puzzled and thought well, they might have gone over the side as well and looked down. There they were.. I jumped down and landed on my feet just in time to watch the govman's car and the facman's car blow up simultaneously, sending the until then surviving rivals into the skies and turning them into bodybag fillings. And then silence.. Crazy stuff. :)

PZ

I've just been playing for a couple of hours much as you have been describing - no mission, but riding in vehicles shooting up the landscape.  I'm using the strong/multiple wires BOLO mod which is great for this activity.  I grapple hooked a govman to the back of my facman vehicle and was dragging him until he died, and long after he was dead, along with the burned out hulk of his motorcycle.

Art Blade

I absolutely need the strong wire grappling hook. The game is so much more fun with it :)

Art Blade

Today a facman made me laugh. He was around on foot since his mate and car had been blown up. I was busy blowing up abandoned vehicles when I noticed that facman move in from my right hand side. Only I couldn't make out what he was riding on.. and then I recognised it: A hulk of a motorcycle without tyres and rims, about to fade, which it did, rendering him sitting on thin air with some momentum left.. so he dropped down and rolled around on the tarmac and got up on his feet a little puzzled  ;D ;D ;D

fragger

Hehehe ;D ;D

"Dude, where's my bike?"

Art Blade

Hehe, I was more like "WTF are you doing?!"  ;D

PZ

lol, that must have been funny to witness.  ;D

I still can't believe how fast those govmen can go using vehicles with no tires - just the steel on the asphalt!

Art Blade

Indeed. The only cure involving tyres is to shoot one tyre (preferably front) while the vehicle is moving (preferably fast). Works best using sights (not auto-aim) so you actually hit a tyre and not the grill. The vehicle will flip a couple of times and eventually explode :)

Art Blade

Oh wow. I wish I had had a way to record what just happened: Surfing a facmen pick-up, the passenger and I shot a pursuing govman on his motorcycle. The govman got hit and flew off, the bike caught fire and went on driving on its own rather fast. It was steering straight towards a ramp (a huge fallen-over road sign in the middle of a dual carriageway) which sent the burning bike flying high into the sky, like 20 yards or so, in a nice arc, and I followed it with my crosshair until it hit the road where it exploded. Nice  :)

PZ

Very nice  :-X

There have been so many times that I've wanted a movie capture of the chase scenes in the game - you can never predict exactly what the outcome will be.

Art Blade

So true :)

Just now, hehe, I watched this: I was in the turret of one of those orange-ish facmen buggies, we had just escaped from a little turmoil of battle and heat was cooling down. We arrived at an intersection and I noticed a govman on his bike who of course had to spot us, too. He came after us shouting "aha! There he is!" and was about to overtake us when I heard him go "Ahhhhhhrgh!" and his bike go "boomph" and the lamp post he had knocked over go "foomph! fizzzzz!" LOL  ;D

PZ

Funny  :-X

The motorcycle govmen seem to exhibit the strangest antics  ;)

Art Blade

LOL yes  ;D I love them  :-X

fragger

Quote from: PZ on June 13, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
The motorcycle govmen seem to exhibit the strangest antics  ;)

Typical motorcyclists, in other words ;D
(In case any motorcycling members take offense at that, I should point out that I am one myself so I know what I'm talking about ;D)

Art Blade

only by contrast the govmen motorcyclists in JC2 have got a remarkable short life span  ;)

fragger

tehsam016

Lol it would seem so. I just finally picked up my copy (360), and about to put it in :). I'll return when I have played enough to share some moments (but from the sounds of it that wont be too long from now :P)

Art Blade

very good :) Enjoy the game, matey!  :-X

tehsam016

First hilarious moment already...Was being chased by govmen while standing on Karl Baines car. As we went across a bridge two pursuing jeeps rammed into each other making one of them careen off the side however the other quickly recovered and continued to give chase. As we neered the end of the bridge i decided to mess around with the grappling hook. So I first latched onto the jeep chasing us, and then aimed for the side of the bridge and stuck him to it. This of course tugged him back really hard since he was hauling a$$, and completely flipped over the side of the bridge :).

Tags:
🡱 🡳