Download FC2 world maps...

Started by PZ, March 09, 2009, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

One of the forum members Dweller_Benthos has created fantastic maps on which this site is based.  He has agreed to let us all download and enjoy the fruits of his hard w@&k.  (Personally, I'm going to print the maps as full color posters to hang on my wall as art).  Check the Downloads area.  These are full resolution large size color jpgs.

edit: Added "FC2" to subject /Art

Bravo

I downloaded the complete map and WOW! Amazing!!! Makes it so much easier to plan great ambushes on patroling cars! :D

Art Blade

I've just checked out the download speed, download of bowa-v7 was like *click-POP*. I had to look into the folder to make sure the download was successful (which it was). the leboa-v7 took longer (started to worry after 3 seconds) but then eventually I got that one too (4 seconds)  :)
should you wonder, 6mb DSL here.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's fantastic - thanks for posting your findings Art.  I have a large wide screen monitor at w@&k and use the Leboa and Bowa maps side-by-side as the Windows wallpaper.  Cool to look at, and useful to refer to.  Will do the same when I get my gaming PC.

Art Blade

now that is an idea, windows background... LOL never thought of that! I "only" have a 22'' wide screen monitor but I am thinking about buying a 26''
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just to pick up what was said here, meanwhile I got a 26'' widescreen monitor with 1900x1200 resolution. I had to resize those maps, put them side by side and left a little room for desktop icons. Thanks here to D_B for the great w@&k. I think the original maps have a resolution of something bigger than 3,000... how on earth can you put both of them side by side on one monitor? Or do you refer to an IMAX cine screen  ;D ;D ;D

PZ

iview to the resize rescue!  It took a little bit of trial and error, but the end result was well worth the effort

Art Blade

Ok :) You nearly got me then  ;)

Regarding those maps, I found or better: did not  find a guard post that is on the big map. Where I am standing in the pic, the green arrow, is supposed to be another guard post. The devs seem to have removed it.

[smg id=605]
missing

[smg id=606]
there it is

RedRaven

hi, dont think its a "regular" outpost because even after getting ammo it does not show on characters map, and does not tell you that you`ve found another outpost, just like the two on the Pala map near the safe houses you get sent to claim in the tutorial, cant remember if there are any others.
but 3 free ammo dumps is nice ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Dweller_Benthos

This is what I call an "in the wild" ammo drop. They are scattered around various places. Sometimes they have mercs hanging around, sometimes there's a diamond or tape nearby, sometimes it's just ammo all by itself in the middle of nowhere. These are the ones that I keep finding after I've thought I've found them all, and have made a new version of the map. There are a few on the latest version that I haven't released yet, eventually I'll get around to that, but I just know I'll find another one a few days later.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

If you had to mow a very very large grassy plain, you'd find that by the time you reached the far end, the grass on the other end had grown back again. Better to release something almost perfect than never at all :) Come on, do it... you could make many people out there go "oh yeah, cool, a new map" and go easy on new finds. When the time is right, you could always come up with a newer and improved version :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳