Govmen (merc) wars

Started by PZ, April 05, 2010, 08:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

One other fun feature of the game is that the local revolutionaries will spontaneously start gunfights with the govmen.  You can stand by and enjoy the festivities, because as long as you don't join in, they will not notice your presence (unless you make it obvious)  ;D

Watching them fight is quite reminiscent of the "merc wars" in FC2 that we've come to enjoy.  ;)

Art Blade

I don't know why I like it so much to watch the AI fight and kill themselves. But who cares, I'll just watch  ;D Looking forward to that one, PZ  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It can be alarming at times, because you'll be wandering the streets minding your own business and a gunfire will break out - sounds just like they're attacking you!  Talk about jumpy nerves  ;D

Art Blade

In that case I'd shoot someone in my proximity and randomly shout "That bitch over there just shot him! GET HER!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

JRD

It sounds a bit like GTA.
Sometimes you are just driving around (not like a maniac) and the cars ahead of you crash. You see the drivers geting off their vehicles, start discussing and in no time they'll be punching and kicking each other... one may even be carrying a shovel, baseball bat or a pistol and ends up the discussion... the police will come soon, may finish the guy and leave. After a while an ambulance shows up "revive" the guy, who gets back into his ride and continue his life as if nothing happened  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

That reminds me of an incident in real life which I happened to watch in Peñíscola, a seaside town in Spain. A car and a bicycle touched each other at a pedestrian crossing. The bicyclist waved his arms to the driver of the car, giving him the international finger sign, so the driver immediately after that jumped out of the car and punched the other guy in the face. They kept beating each other and quickly other people (for some reason, all of them male) joined them, beating one another, until la guardia civil (kind of traffic wardens) showed up and called the police. Incredible display of stupidity and macho behaviour, but it was somehow funny, too.

PZ

That is a funny story, Art - and I can see how JRD's description triggered your memory.  While JC2 is not exactly as sophisticated as GTA with regards to what the civilians do with each other, this is what I've experienced when I interact with them:

• They become outraged when you jump to the roof of their car, and either may drive at break-neck speeds, or stop and run away.  If they remain driving, they will hurl all kinds of "merc" lines at you.
  • If are riding on the roof, you have the option of taking the driver's seat by throwing them out of the vehicle - again, the sound effects are funny.
  • If you bump into them while walking, they will have things to say to you as well.
  • They will crouch down in a cowered position if there is violence occurring.
  • They honk their horns if you step into the road in front of them, or if you're driving and stop so they can't continue.
One good thing - because you're expected to cause as much chaos as you can, it is recognized that civilian casualties are inevitable, so nothing bad happens to you when you kill people (accidentally or otherwise).  In AC2 for instance, you're reprimanded if you kill civilians.

Art Blade

Killing innocent people? Pedestrians? No reprimands? Oh dear, then this game is just perfect for some people who will have to have a word with some media people demanding to abolish "killer games" as this game will be the reason and excuse for the next school massacre.

Which means, I'm going to love it  ;D

PZ

I do too because of it's comical appearance - no blood and guts, just flying through the air yelling things.  ;D

In fact, "killing" might be too harsh a word due to the lack of visible damage  ;)

Art Blade

Now I don't want that game any more.

lol, forget it, I sure do  ;D

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

yes, but it's not gratuitous.  and the bodies dissapear. but that hasn't bothered me one bit. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

same with FC2... a short spurt of blood which dissolves into thin air -- never bothered me, either.

PZ

There was one instance during which I hit a govman with my grapple hook, and it left a large bloody gut splat on the wall by which he was standing

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 07, 2010, 03:48:09 PM
a large bloody gut splat

That is a term to remember.  ;D :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳