Mission - kill the three kings

Started by PZ, April 05, 2010, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

**SPOILERS**

I'm in the middle of the three kings mission, and have killed the Chinese guy, and just finished off the Russian.  I'm looking for different techniques though, because my first play through feels kind of crude.

• Chinese guy - starting by parachuting off of a helicopter high in the sky, I had to land on top of a relatively narrow skyscraper - not too difficult.  Once there, the Chinese guy had access to lots of dynamite, which he generously tossed in my direction.  By hugging the wall of the platform on which he was perched, and approaching from the side, I was able to eventually defeat him using grenades and my heavily upgraded machine pistol.
  • Russian guy - after defeating the first guy, my partner in helicopter transported me to the top of another tower and threw me into the meat grinder.  The Russian hopped into an 8-wheel armored vehicle with mounted minigun.  There sere lots of proximity explosives and I died quite a few times before I figured them out.  My solution was to go to the back of the building and grapple to the platform each time I heard my buddy shooting at him (this left his backside exposed)  ;D
Although I was successful, it did not have the elegant finesse that many of the other missions offered, and my conclusion is that there must be a better way.  Anyone have other ideas?

PS: if you've not upgraded your guns it is well worth the weapons parts - I maxed out my machine pistol and the magazine is huge and the rate of fire makes it sound like the Mac-10 in FC2.

PZ

**SPOILER**

Well, I managed to finish the mission much easier than I thought (expected the Japanese guy to be a real problem after how difficult the Russian guy was).

He was in his suite in another tower and my first task was to get there.  A para-glide and grapple later and I was there on the roof top.  Going down the stairs I had minimal resistance, but when I blew the door into hos suite, all hell broke loose - after a cut scene we were all on the roof top and a satellite was raining down explosives.  At first I was killed quite a bit, but after I ran to the back of the roof where there was cover, I waited it out and went from one side to the other killing his supporters.

Fortunately for me, his stupid satellite was dealing him almost damage as I was, and he succumbed to his own explosives not long thereafter - what a stupid official  ;D

Art Blade

Thank god we have officials. Without them, we'd have to kill someone else!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳